iOS 12 Developer Beta 1

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
GPS is struggling to work. Google Maps is able to find where I am and give initial directions but when I hit Start it fails to acquire GPS. Even after 30 mins, Google Maps was not able to get it right. So GPS is completely broken I think.

I used TomTom navigation from Amsterdam to Brussels and back and GPS worked fine for me. It just took a little over 2 minutes to pinpoint my location but after that no any issues.
Yesterday I used Apple Maps, in Amsterdam, with the same results.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with NESNGO not being able to log in to server that chooses a cable provider. App itself doesn’t crash. Have tried reinstalling, hard rebooting. No problem with NESNGO connection on computer. Can’t get to it via browser on iPhone 8 Plus. It directs me to the app. All other cable provider based streaming apps working fine, as is everything else so far.

Could someone DL the free NESNGO app and try to sign in to see if it directs you to the list of cable providers? You won’t be able to stream NESN unless you already have it on cable in the New England, but it should take you to the login screen regardless.

Could be this has nothing to do with the beta.

Last edited:

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I used TomTom navigation from Amsterdam to Brussels and back and GPS worked fine for me. It just took a little over 2 minutes to pinpoint my location but after that no any issues.
Yesterday I used Apple Maps, in Amsterdam, with the same results.

But you don't have an iPhone X? :). May be this is iPhone X specific?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I sincerely doubt that because my father has an iPhone X and he had zero issues with GPS as well when we switched over to his phone because he took over the wheel at some point.

I do know few with the X who have GPS issues with the dev beta. Hey, not complaining (it's a dev beta!!!) but the issue is known to occur in Xs.

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
GPS is struggling to work. Google Maps is able to find where I am and give initial directions but when I hit Start it fails to acquire GPS. Even after 30 mins, Google Maps was not able to get it right. So GPS is completely broken I think.

I have same issue. I found that toggling WiFi on and off causes GPS to get a lock about a minute after. That worked for me try and see if it will work for you

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Could someone DL the free NESNGO app and try to sign in to see if it directs you to the list of cable providers? You won’t be able to stream NESN unless you already have it on cable in the New England, but it should take you to the login screen regardless.

Could be this has nothing to do with the beta.
It's working fine on iOS 11.4.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I specifically installed both Google Maps and Waze to test the navigation during my travels to my son’s lacrosse tournament. Both apps quickly acquired my location and when I initiated the navigation feature, both performed without any hiccups. I wonder if the GOS-related issue is due to your location.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Personal hotspot not working and not shown on Settings screen. This has been reported but not on this thread, I don’t think. Hard reboot no help. iPhone 8 Plus, AT&T unlimited data and hotspot enabled with AT&T.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Personal hotspot not working and not shown on Settings screen. This has been reported but not on this thread, I don’t think. Hard reboot no help. iPhone 8 Plus, AT&T unlimited data and hotspot enabled with AT&T.

Using my VZW hotspot now. iPhone X, Verizon unlimited.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice