iOS 12 Developer Beta 1

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You should indeed not need to do a fresh install every time a major update is released. But over time many small stuff can add up to your phone being buggy.

Nobody nowhere in this thread claimed that bugs that come with a certain release will be fixed by doing a fresh install.

All that is said is that it helps to fix aforementioned stuff that made your iPhone act up.

Sure over time small stuff can add up. I agree. But fresh install on every beta? Every updates? Hey if they got that can a spare time, go for it I suppose.

My wife hasn’t set up as new since she had an iPhone 4. Her backup wouldn’t load when she got it. That was 8 years ago when it launched. She will tell you her X runs great. Using back up after backup over the years. If you mention the word set up as new, she will cringe. That’s why I’ve always said if nothing broke, it’s just not necessary.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems like it’s random because today was the first time I saw it. I don’t even know what I did to make it show up, but now that I’ve seen it once I’ll be stalking my phone to see if it comes up again lol

When you have a scheduled Do Not Disturb mode set, enabled Bedtime Mode as well. After you’ve finished with the scheduled mode, it should show that on the lock screen.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
When you have a scheduled Do Not Disturb mode set, enabled Bedtime Mode as well. After you’ve finished with the scheduled mode, it should show that on the lock screen.

Gotcha!!! I think the first time I scheduled Bedtime Mode was yesterday. Thanks for the info

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Would kind of be a nice lockscreen to have every morning without setting Do Not Disturb lol

So true since not everyone uses it!!! I’ve used scheduled DND since it was released. My friends & family don’t seem to understand what a schedule is, so I have to force it on them

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
So true since not everyone uses it!!! I’ve used scheduled DND since it was released. My friends & family don’t seem to understand what a schedule is, so I have to force it on them

I don’t think DND would work for me anyways. I’d still just check my phone anyways.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sure over time small stuff can add up. I agree. But fresh install on every beta? Every updates? Hey if they got that can a spare time, go for it I suppose.

My wife hasn’t set up as new since she had an iPhone 4. Her backup wouldn’t load when she got it. That was 8 years ago when it launched. She will tell you her X runs great. Using back up after backup over the years. If you mention the word set up as new, she will cringe. That’s why I’ve always said if nothing broke, it’s just not necessary.

I always set up with a back up first. A lot less to do. Then if there's issues, set up as new. With all I have on my phone, it would takes me days to set back up.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to get screen time working, any ideas?

e84a60bfe68b737bf71709cec257ab43.jpg

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
GPS seems to be on point. Used Apple Maps all day while traveling to San Francisco, Bay Area and back to Central California.

This morning I used Google Maps with no issue, almost seems more accurate.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
GPS is indeed a little funky, taking long for an app like Waze to connect to GPS, to actually acquire signal and to center my position. It works but not as it should.
GPS is struggling to work. Google Maps is able to find where I am and give initial directions but when I hit Start it fails to acquire GPS. Even after 30 mins, Google Maps was not able to get it right. So GPS is completely broken I think.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW