iOS 12 Developer Beta 1

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on beta 1 is actually better than 11.4. Usually right at 20% when I get in from work. Beta 1 is around 40-45% on yesterday and today. No changes in usage.

Noticed the webkit failed when trying to upload a picture in Safari.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just a few glitches so far. Nothing major. I don’t notice any different battery from 11.4 and that battery was great for me so no complaints there. It really is a solid beta 1 if my only gripe is a few minor glitches.

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Any notice their synced photo albums are gone? Is it just a bug on my phone? Pictures still their under photos tab, but under albums their gone.

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Am I the only one having issues with maps. Everything else on IOS 12 is working fine for me except my NAV. No matter what navigation app I use!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
BUT how’s that battery liiiifeee??

Sorry, too lazy to read this thread.

Hi Blink. It's been a while. Good to see you. Now in regard to your question, the battery life on my iPhone X has been excellent. It's basically the same as before the update - at least it is on my device. You know me, with a new iOS version, I install and set up as new.

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Battery has been great!! No issues with draining.

Maps works perfect for me. What type of issues are you experiencing?

It won't get an accurate lock on my location rendering all my navigation apps useless. I use my phone a lot for Nav. Been scowering the net for a fix. I really don't wanna downgrade as everything else is working smooth.

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi Blink. It's been a while. Good to see you. Now in regard to your question, the battery life on my iPhone X has been excellent. It's basically the same as before the update - at least it is on my device. You know me, with a new iOS version, I install and set up as new.

Having issues with my GPS. You think if I restored and set as new it would clear up the issue. No one else seems to be having my issue

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Having issues with my GPS. You think if I restored and set as new it would clear up the issue. No one else seems to be having my issue

Setting up as new can be time-consuming, but, I am a firm believer in doing it with a brand new iOS version. No one can convince me that it has not prevented me from experiencing many of the issues other have had over the year. Of course, I don't have any proof. With that being said, I do indeed recommend you put the device in DFU mode, restore it and then set it up as new. It may indeed fix the GPS issue you are having.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It won't get an accurate lock on my location rendering all my navigation apps useless. I use my phone a lot for Nav. Been scowering the net for a fix. I really don't wanna downgrade as everything else is working smooth.

That sucks!! I would definitely think about taking the suggestion of @Just_Me_D & setting up as new. It might help.

jake501

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

There were a few posts in this thread of people having this issue. I'm having the same issue. Hoping Beta 2 fixes it. I upgraded from 11.4. If you restore and it fixes the GPS issue for you, let us know.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I’ve used Apple Maps a few times today, and even with good signal, just seems like GPS doesn’t want to connect. Usually takes a few minutes, or a few tries of pressing ‘Go’ to get the directions before it actually does.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve used Apple Maps a few times today, and even with good signal, just seems like GPS doesn’t want to connect. Usually takes a few minutes, or a few tries of pressing ‘Go’ to get the directions before it actually does.

I haven’t noticed any issue with Apple maps but I’ll try it once I get off the train & see if it connects.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR