iOS 12 Developer Beta 1

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 12 Beta 1 for developers now available

OMG...I can now swipe up from the bottom and then swipe up again to close out an app. No more long pressing. Thank you, LORD!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
iOS 12 Beta 1 for developers now available

I know there’s a few people that reported Maps not being very accurate. I’ve been using it today & haven’t had any issues. It’s pretty also snappy & British male Siri sounds much better lol

Ospot

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Anyone having issues when sending SMS messages? Seems i can only send when people are using iMessage?

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site

Anyone having issues when sending SMS messages? Seems i can only send when people are using iMessage?

Had the same issue, a hard reboot fixed the issue. Microsoft Authenticator on the other hand is not prompting for MFA unlocks anymore.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

Wound up going back to iOS 11.4.1. I noticed I was getting intermittent notifications and large delays in Gmail app, stock email app and LinkedIn.

Can't have these three delayed.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

FC means "force close". When an app is forced closed it has unexpectedly shut down or terminated.

And yes, tried the measure app and it needs work as it does have issues with consistency. Definitely a "you're doing it wrong/holding it wrong" type of thing. It also seems to be pegging the processor as it makes the phone get hot quickly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Wound up going back to iOS 11.4.1. I noticed I was getting intermittent notifications and large delays in Gmail app, stock email app and LinkedIn.

Can't have these three delayed.

It’s normal for some 3rd-party apps to not work properly with an unofficial iOS build, but all of my third party apps work with the exception of Skype. With that being said, have you tried rebooting your iPhone and then see if the notifications are back to normal?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Unrelated a little haha but I installed Mojave last night on my MacBook Pro and holy cow it’s is awesome and the dark mode is so beautiful!!

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Created a Memoji. I noticed when choosing a hat, there’s actually a hat shadow on the face. Nice little attention to detail

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

My X has bricked itself! Can't turn it off, it's stuck at a black screen with a spinning spline! No button combination makes it stop. I just found it this way. So much for that.

Definitely think twice before putting these (beta releases) on a work phone!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

My X has bricked itself! Can't turn it off, it's stuck at a black screen with a spinning spline! No button combination makes it stop. I just found it this way. So much for that.

You using a work phone may be the reason you’re having so many issues. There’s probably some sort of security measures in place on the back end.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Sorry to here that happened to you, try plugging into computer then volume up volume down and hold power button. Reinstall software thru DFU mode

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Let me clarify, this device is mine, I bought it and I use it for my work. :)
That said, this is rather strange. My 1st gen iPad Pro has been humming along fine with the 12 update.
My X was working as well, even the FC issues seemed to clear up.
Now out of the blue when I pick it up, it's stuck and not responding to ANY combination of button presses, connections from outside via the lightning connector. This is one thing I hate about not being able to physically disconnect the battery from the device. Looks like I will have to wait for the battery to go completely flat and then connect the phone to a power source. Thank goodness I have other phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro