iOS 12 Developer Beta 1

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 12 Beta 1 for developers now available

Status bar font seems to be bigger when showing Control Center.

Might just be me (only tested with one call), but calls while using the phone show contact picture in top right corner instead of the picture taking up the whole screen?

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site

3D touching Do Not Disturb on control center will give you the features shown during keynote, thought they were missing in this beta.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

3D touching Do Not Disturb on control center will give you the features shown during keynote, thought they were missing in this beta.

Yep!
And we need to turn on Bedtime Mode in settings for it to not show any notifications in the lock screen.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Brightness slider is back where it should be. It only took almost a year :rolleyes: You also know that iOS 11 was a pile of crap when the first beta of iOS 12 runs better than any release of iOS 11. It's more fluid, more responsive, and overall faster than iOS 11, at least on my iPhone X.

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Brightness slider is back where it should be. It only took almost a year :rolleyes: You also know that iOS 11 was a pile of crap when the first beta of iOS 12 runs better than any release of iOS 11. It's more fluid, more responsive, and overall faster than iOS 11, at least on my iPhone X.

Considering this is more like an iOS11 1/2 it was expected to work better that any iOS11....lol

So far only some stuttering opening Settings and the stocks widget is messed up with fonts too big and not showing all the stocks.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Even the lock screen UI for playing music is a black UI...

Exactly...it’s beautiful!! Here’s a pic for those that aren’t on the beta yet.

8c6c3c3637282057f771e030ca827a49.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone play Madden NFL Mobile? Wondering if that app works. I can do without everything else, just not that :rotfl:

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Can someone explain how the stacked notifications work. Are you able to view or sort through them without unlocking the phone or does it just show the most recent notification and tapping on it takes you into the app?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Can someone explain how the stacked notifications work. Are you able to view or sort through them without unlocking the phone or does it just show the most recent notification and tapping on it takes you into the app?

You just press on the stack and it expands I believe it unlocks I use face ID so I don't know how Touch ID would work

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

As of right now, I can say with confidence that this initial beta is stable enough for use on one’s primary device.....Let me rephrase....This beta is stable as heck on my iPhone X and iPhone 8, and unless something drastic changes that causes it to not continue to be, I will not return to using iOS 11.