Sorry if someone commented on this already, but I picked up my phone, for the first time this morning, & got this lovely message. Not sure what caused it, but this is the first time I’m seeing it. Been on the beta since it was released.

06-09-2018 09:38 AM
    They mean from Messages, not from photos. in Messages you tap the camera and get the option to take a new pic or add from photos. Seems that's now in a separate spot.
    Oh okay. When I enter a recipient and then select the camera icon from within the Messages app, my camera activates to take a photo. The option to add photos I’ve already taken is now in the section where you select gifs, Animoji’s, etcetera.

I’ve always sent photos from within the Photos app so nothing changes for me in that regard.
    06-09-2018 09:39 AM
    I'm really starting to believe it's because I use mostly stock apps that I don't have a lot of the problems others are experiencing with these Betas. .
    I don’t see the connection there but who knows. Nonetheless, a restore and set up as new resolved my YouTube issue. It needed to be done anyway.
    ladyc0524 and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-09-2018 09:51 AM
    Sorry if someone commented on this already, but I picked up my phone, for the first time this morning, & got this lovely message. Not sure what caused it, but this is the first time I’m seeing it. Been on the beta since it was released.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0588900d1e.jpg
    Yes I got this yesterday morning and this morning. I like it!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-09-2018 10:04 AM
    That’s cool. I have yet to see it on mine.
    06-09-2018 10:11 AM
    I don’t see the connection there but who knows. Nonetheless, a restore and set up as new resolved my YouTube issue. It needed to be done anyway.
    See. That’s why I’m a huge fan of restoring and then setting up as new.
    luvesuga likes this.
    06-09-2018 10:37 AM
    I am too. I was just feeling lazy the other day.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-09-2018 10:37 AM
    I am too. I was just feeling lazy the other day.
    I have yet to experience craziness with this beta, but I, too, will set up as new as soon as I feel the need to.

Maybe the reason I don’t have any bugs lies in the fact that I stopped restoring with iTunes but instead do iCloud restores. I have the feeling some bugs don’t carry over to the cloud. But I may be wrong.
    Just_Me_D and Rob Phillips like this.
    06-09-2018 10:42 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0588900d1e.jpg
    I've gotten Good Evening but not Good Morning yet.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-09-2018 10:56 AM
    Setting up as new is a must for me with brand new betas.
    06-09-2018 10:57 AM
    I've gotten Good Evening but not Good Morning yet.
    Nice...I’ll have to pay attention to see if I get it.
    06-09-2018 11:18 AM
    GPS is indeed a little funky, taking long for an app like Waze to connect to GPS, to actually acquire signal and to center my position. It works but not as it should.
    RECON1 and craigrn16 like this.
    06-09-2018 11:19 AM
    Nice...I’ll have to pay attention to see if I get it.
    I haven’t gotten either yet lol.
    egrier65 likes this.
    06-09-2018 11:19 AM
    I have yet to experience craziness with this beta, but I, too, will set up as new as soon as I feel the need to.

Maybe the reason I don’t have any bugs lies in the fact that I stopped restoring with iTunes but instead do iCloud restores. I have the feeling some bugs don’t carry over to the cloud. But I may be wrong.
    Restoring as new anytime a new OS is not needed. Beta or not. Restores only fixes stuff that worked but now broke. It doesn’t fix bugs. If some people here have the patience to do it with every beta or update, by all means let them. But Apple didn’t design updates that it needs restores. Whatever floats peoples boats I guess.
    06-09-2018 11:21 AM
    Restoring as new anytime a new OS is not needed. Beta or not. Restores only fixes stuff that worked but now broke. It doesn’t fix bugs. If some people here have the patience to do it with every beta or update, by all means let them. But Apple didn’t design updates that it needs restores. Whatever floats peoples boats I guess.
    You should indeed not need to do a fresh install every time a major update is released. But over time many small stuff can add up to your phone being buggy.

Nobody nowhere in this thread claimed that bugs that come with a certain release will be fixed by doing a fresh install.

All that is said is that it helps to fix aforementioned stuff that made your iPhone act up.
    06-09-2018 11:36 AM
    You should indeed not need to do a fresh install every time a major update is released. But over time many small stuff can add up to your phone being buggy.

Nobody nowhere in this thread claimed that bugs that come with a certain release will be fixed by doing a fresh install.

All that is said is that it helps to fix aforementioned stuff that made your iPhone act up.
    Sure over time small stuff can add up. I agree. But fresh install on every beta? Every updates? Hey if they got that can a spare time, go for it I suppose.

My wife hasn’t set up as new since she had an iPhone 4. Her backup wouldn’t load when she got it. That was 8 years ago when it launched. She will tell you her X runs great. Using back up after backup over the years. If you mention the word set up as new, she will cringe. That’s why I’ve always said if nothing broke, it’s just not necessary.
    Tartarus and ladyc0524 like this.
    06-09-2018 11:53 AM
    I haven’t gotten either yet lol.
    It seems like it’s random because today was the first time I saw it. I don’t even know what I did to make it show up, but now that I’ve seen it once I’ll be stalking my phone to see if it comes up again lol
    06-09-2018 12:09 PM
    It seems like it’s random because today was the first time I saw it. I don’t even know what I did to make it show up, but now that I’ve seen it once I’ll be stalking my phone to see if it comes up again lol
    When you have a scheduled Do Not Disturb mode set, enabled Bedtime Mode as well. After you’ve finished with the scheduled mode, it should show that on the lock screen.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    06-09-2018 12:14 PM
    When you have a scheduled Do Not Disturb mode set, enabled Bedtime Mode as well. After you’ve finished with the scheduled mode, it should show that on the lock screen.
    Gotcha!!! I think the first time I scheduled Bedtime Mode was yesterday. Thanks for the info
    06-09-2018 12:15 PM
    Gotcha!!! I think the first time I scheduled Bedtime Mode was yesterday. Thanks for the info
    Would kind of be a nice lockscreen to have every morning without setting Do Not Disturb lol
    Tartarus and ladyc0524 like this.
    06-09-2018 12:18 PM
    Would kind of be a nice lockscreen to have every morning without setting Do Not Disturb lol
    So true since not everyone uses it!!! I’ve used scheduled DND since it was released. My friends & family don’t seem to understand what a schedule is, so I have to force it on them
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-09-2018 12:20 PM
    So true since not everyone uses it!!! I’ve used scheduled DND since it was released. My friends & family don’t seem to understand what a schedule is, so I have to force it on them
    I don’t think DND would work for me anyways. I’d still just check my phone anyways.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-09-2018 12:22 PM
    Sure over time small stuff can add up. I agree. But fresh install on every beta? Every updates? Hey if they got that can a spare time, go for it I suppose.

My wife hasn’t set up as new since she had an iPhone 4. Her backup wouldn’t load when she got it. That was 8 years ago when it launched. She will tell you her X runs great. Using back up after backup over the years. If you mention the word set up as new, she will cringe. That’s why I’ve always said if nothing broke, it’s just not necessary.
    I always set up with a back up first. A lot less to do. Then if there's issues, set up as new. With all I have on my phone, it would takes me days to set back up.
    06-09-2018 12:44 PM
    Setting up as new is a must for me with brand new betas.
    I hope you mean brand new full betas and not the point versions....
    Tartarus and luvesuga like this.
    06-09-2018 01:56 PM
    YouTube and maps (Apple Maps and Waze) all work well here and I did OTA over 11.4 dev beta.
    Tartarus and nikkisharif like this.
    06-09-2018 02:38 PM
375 ... 89101112 ...