Music and my issue

THX010

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Since upgrading to iOS11 I have been having issues with Music.

I do not use Apple Radio or whatever it is called.

I only want to listen to the songs I have put on my phone. But I keep streaming my wife’s and daughters songs. They are NOT in my phones library. They are on our family account.

In Music settings, I have turned off “show Apple Music” and “Cellular Data”.

Under iTunes and App Store settings, I have turned off “Automatic Downloads” for Music and “Use Cellular Data”

I don’t know what else to do short of deleting their music from the account. Which isn’t a good idea.

It is at about streaming data. It’s about not wanting to have to skip their songs. I ONLY want to listen to what is on my phones library. Like the good old days

Thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I only want to listen to the songs I have put on my phone. But I keep streaming my wife’s and daughters songs. They are NOT in my phones library. They are on our family account.

Under iTunes and App Store settings, I have turned off “Automatic Downloads” for Music and “Use Cellular Data”

I don’t know what else to do short of deleting their music from the account. Which isn’t a good idea.

It is at about streaming data. It’s about not wanting to have to skip their songs. I ONLY want to listen to what is on my phones library. Like the good old days

Thanks

I hope this helps: https://www.imore.com/how-listen-your-apple-music-collection-offline?amp

THX010

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. But that article is 2 years old and Music app has changed greatly.

Is there anything more recent? I have looked and googled everywhere I can think of

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Thanks
Are you sharing an Apple ID with your family? Not the best idea. It's really a better idea to have separate Apple IDs for each person.

However, one setting to check is settings / music / iCloud music library: turn it off if you only want to see music that is on your phone. I suspect that your shared Apple ID had iTunes Match turned on.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. But that article is 2 years old and Music app has changed greatly.

Is there anything more recent? I have looked and googled everywhere I can think of

The principle is the same. You import your songs to iTunes and sync them to your phone.

I gather you’re not an Music subscriber, so you’ll have to disable Music and iCloud Music Library in your iPhone settings.

Edit: sorry, I got this thread confused with another thread I just replied to.

To listen to your own downloaded songs in Music you have to go to the Library tab in Music.app, tap ‘edit’ in the upper right, enable the ‘Downloaded Music’ list and start listening to songs from that playlist. That way you won’t stream anything that’s not already offline available on your iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods