iOS 12 and rumors

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I find it a little odd that we've seen very few rumors about iOS 12 with WWDC only 2 months away. Other than being more bug fixes that major revamp, I've seen a few rumors that won't really matter much to me personally. What about iOS 12 do you most hope to see?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I’ve saw a rumor of rounded app icons and some more camera control.

What I would like is notes opening to last line edited as well as improved Siri interaction

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Best ideas I’ve seen from rumors are rounded icons and dark mode. It does make sense that we haven’t seen much though, Apple is really cracking down on leaks again. We saw that with the leaked memo about stopping leaks .

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
From what I heard- iOS 12 will be more of an under the hood fix and not too many new things. All rumor but supposedly since iOS 11 had so many bugs they scrapped a bunch of what they were going to do and concentrate on stability.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From what I heard- iOS 12 will be more of an under the hood fix and not too many new things. All rumor but supposedly since iOS 11 had so many bugs they scrapped a bunch of what they were going to do and concentrate on stability.

I've read that, too, and that's all fine and dandy, however, I wouldn't want Apple to releases a rock solid iOS 11.5 or 6 and Call it iOS 12. Bring something to the table as new even if its a remake of the native apps or an overhaul of some sort.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've read that, too, and that's all fine and dandy, however, I wouldn't want Apple to releases a rock solid iOS 11.5 or 6 and Call it iOS 12. Bring something to the table as new even if its a remake of the native apps or an overhaul of some sort.

I completely understand the need for making iOS run as smoothly as possible, but I also feel like iOS needs some change. I'd be ok with not creating a ton of new features, but design wise iOS needs a refresh.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I completely understand the need for making iOS run as smoothly as possible, but I also feel like iOS needs some change. I'd be ok with not creating a ton of new features, but design wise iOS needs a refresh.

Yeah, a refresh would be a bit welcoming, but I wouldn't expect Apple to go all out with it though....:cool:

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I’m afraid it’ll just be a solid 11.5 instead of bringing us something new, especially in the lockscreen/ home screen department.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I’ve saw a rumor of rounded app icons and some more camera control.

What I would like is notes opening to last line edited as well as improved Siri interaction

Didn't Apple make a huge deal about the rounded screen corners, corners of the phone, and app icons all being completely symmetrical? Wouldn't make a ton of sense to change the icons.

I could be mistaken on that, but I thought I remember Apple talking about radii

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Transparent dock.........transparent dock........transparent dock.......

It’s already transparent...well, translucent. I don’t mind the dock in its current state but I’ve heard requests on the forum anywhere from completely invisible to completely opaque. A transparency setting would be a nice option!

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm OK with no rumors, and wait to see what is announced. Think I've posted the same wish list the past few years:

Option to put app icons where I want them.
Option to have notifications grouped and sorted like in Android.
Option to download a file in Safari and save it to the Files app.
Option to set and use default apps.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
After reading all the blogs, I’m afraid we’re going to be underwhelmed. Hope I’m wrong.

Being underwhelmed only happens when your expectations are too high.
I don’t have any expectations, I’m gonna watch the Keynote with an empty mind and let it come at me.

I suggest you do the same .

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Being underwhelmed only happens when your expectations are too high.
I don’t have any expectations, I’m gonna watch the Keynote with an empty mind and let it come at me.

I suggest you do the same .

I always watch with great interest. I’ll upgrade with the betas and look forward to what  gives us. Monday, 10am can’t come quick enough. :)

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm really bummed that this is gonna be the first WWDC in years I won't be able to follow along to. I'll be driving between offices at 1:00 when it starts, and in a building with no cell service after that. I'll have to take the day off for the fall release announcement I guess. LOL

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm really bummed that this is gonna be the first WWDC in years I won't be able to follow along to. I'll be driving between offices at 1:00 when it starts, and in a building with no cell service after that. I'll have to take the day off for the fall release announcement I guess. LOL

I can assume your doctors ID and call in sick for you. Telling them you have a level 1 contagious bacteria and that I can’t give more information about it because it’s classified.

What’s your office’s number?

As for me, the keynote is at 7PM for me so I have nothing standing in the way of watching it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro