iOS 11.3 changes IMessage deletion to a two step process

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you explain what you have to do to delete an iMessage? I don't recall a 1 step way to do it. Maybe I misunderstood you.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It’s two step because of the supposed non beta release of Messages in the Cloud, which didn’t happen. When you delete a thread you get a pop up that for deleting this conversation, or about deleting the conversation from all devices (Messages in the Cloud). Maybe this could change in 11.4

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It’s two step because of the supposed non beta release of Messages in the Cloud, which didn’t happen. When you delete a thread you get a pop up that for deleting this conversation, or about deleting the conversation from all devices (Messages in the Cloud). Maybe this could change in 11.4

Ahh, ok. I thought you meant individual text messages.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know a way to turn off two step deletion in Messages? Just showed up with iOS 11.3.

I've been running the beta and haven't been able to stop the two step deletion even though I disabled saving them in iCloud. It's severely annoying!

Mar 26, 2018
Visit site
iMessage Delete Extra Step

Since upgrading to 11.3 I’ve noticed that to delete an iMessage or Text instead of just a simple swipe and tap RED DELETE, you get an extra pop up from below asking “Do you really want to delete this conversation?”. Kind of slows things down. Not a major issue but why add now? Apple Support pushed to multiple advisors cause nobody knew anything about it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: iMessage Delete Extra Step

Since upgrading to 11.3 I’ve noticed that to delete an iMessage or Text instead of just a simple swipe and tap RED DELETE, you get an extra pop up from below asking “Do you really want to delete this conversation?”. Kind of slows things down. Not a major issue but why add now? Apple Support pushed to multiple advisors cause nobody knew anything about it.

As far as I know it was always there. Even on previous iOS versions.

Mar 26, 2018
Visit site

It’s not...or maybe it was option. My girlfriend is on 11.2.6 still and is sitting right next to me and she doesn’t have to do it.

Apple Support said it is new to 11.3 and cannot current be turned off.

But it’s funny, I only called because I couldn’t remember if it was always there or something new. It felt new, but also like it could have been there. All signs point to it being new.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

It’s not...or maybe it was option. My girlfriend is on 11.2.6 still and is sitting right next to me and she doesn’t have to do it.

Apple Support said it is new to 11.3 and cannot current be turned off.

But it’s funny, I only called because I couldn’t remember if it was always there or something new. It felt new, but also like it could have been there. All signs point to it being new.

It is new to 11.3. When beta 1 of 11.3 was released with iMessage in iCloud, this extra step was added. iMessage in iCloud didn’t make it the final release of 11.3, but the extra step stayed.

Mar 26, 2018
Visit site

It is new to 11.3. When beta 1 of 11.3 was released with iMessage in iCloud, this extra step was added. iMessage in iCloud didn’t make it the final release of 11.3, but the extra step stayed.

It’s slightly annoying but I feel like it will save my life 2-3 times so I’ll accept it and forgive Apple for not asking permission from its customers.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

It’s slightly annoying but I feel like it will save my life 2-3 times so I’ll accept it and forgive Apple for not asking permission from its customers.

When has Apple ever asked permission from their customers?

Mar 26, 2018
Visit site

That’s just it: Apple doesn’t need permission to do anything. However, what they do need is feedback (https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p) to let them know how their users think about stuff.

I was 110% kidding about asking for permission. Sorry if it got lost in translation. iOS is a simple user friendly OS.

Can’t deny it, would prefer more device options, but that’s a whole different topic, more than happy with my iPhone X.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I understood it when it was in the betas with iMessage in iCloud. The 2 step deletion though doesn’t bother me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I checked it out on my Wife's phone. That's not something that would bother me. I don't delete threads often anyway. I delete the conversation more often, but keep the thread.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

It’s new, I notice the same thing when I swipe to delete a message.
You get a pop up below asking if you want to delete the conversation.

wwelvis

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
iOS 11.3 HOW TO AVOID THE 2 STEP DELETION PROCESS IN iMESSAGES???s

This is terribly annoying when you have to DELETE twice in iMESSAGES.

Also I can't stand when you use dictation and make a mistake and want to correct it you first have to go to the keyboard icon and then to "X".

Anyone know how top fix these useless step[s IF POSSIBLE?

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox