Google Calendar stopped working on iPad Pro

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this morning that most of the events (current and past) from my Google Calendar were missing from my iPad Pro running 11.2.6. It was working fine previously, and my Google Calendar is working normally on my iPhone and Mac.

I tried turning off calendar and even fewer of the events re-synced. I have my wife's calendar and some others which are shared. They re-sync fine, but my main calendar will not, except for a couple all-day events (the same ones every time).

I restarted, deleted the account and re-added, all with the same results. Oddly, if I add an event on the iPad it syncs up fine and adding a new event on the Mac or iPhone will push it to the iPad.

This is a big problem for me. I spent an hour on the phone with Apple and they can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I had all events. Changed it to 6 months back. Still not working.

I got it a work around to work briefly by sharing that calendar with another google account and giving it full control. When I tried to change the color of the calendar on the web to match what I had before, it stopped working again!

I also notice it stopped working on the native Calendar app on my Mac. iPhone is still fine and Fantastical on Mac is fine.

Very strange. Search Twitter, I'm not the only one having this problem.

Any ideas? Thanks.

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I got the shared calendar with full control workaround to work again. But why the heck won't it just work from my main Google account syncing directly?!

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Tried that and it didn't work, Doogald.

However, about 30 minutes ago the calendar magically reappeared on my iPad and on my Mac (which I had not been fussing with like the iPad). So, clear sign there was some issue with Google and iOS that resolved (I hope).

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, although it is now working on my iPad, it is not working on my Mac Calendar App (still fine in Fantastical on the Mac). Only some appointments are showing up. Definitely points to an issue between Google and iOS/MacOS calendar.

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Known, recent issue apparently with larger calendars:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/calendar/YjeHy8gk0JE;context-place=topicsearchin/calendar/mac$20ical$20missing$20events|sort:date

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2