How to download files and access them from my PC?

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I was an Android user all these years and recently switched to an iPhone X.

On Android, let's say I wanna download a wireless card driver for a laptop since I have no internet on the laptop obviously, I'd just download the file, then plug in my Android device via a USB Cable and it appears as a drive where I can access the downloads folder and copy that driver that I downloaded.

I tried to do this on my iPhone X today but when I connected it to the laptop and accessed it, all I saw was the DCIM folder which contains my photos.

Is there a way to access the folders on the iPhone and particularly that downloads folder?

I've used Google Chrome by the way to download the file as that's the only browser I use.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi and welcome. On your iOS device long press on the download link in your browser so the menu displays and select share. From there select “Save to Google Drive”. You will need the google drive App installed. Make sure that your Google Drive app is set up with the same Google account as your Chrome Book.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition, 3rd-party apps like "Phone Drive" will allow you to download and store files on your device. I haven't used the app in a while, but I loved it during the times I was using it a good deal.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome. On your iOS device long press on the download link in your browser so the menu displays and select share. From there select “Save to Google Drive”. You will need the google drive App installed. Make sure that your Google Drive app is set up with the same Google account as your Chrome Book.

ughh that wouldn't work bro because I don't have a Chrome Book. It's a laptop. Now I do have all my drivers but I would like to know how to achieve this in case I ever needed to download a file in the future on my iPhone and then copy it to my computer directly (not a photo but a program / EXE or ZIP file)

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
ughh that wouldn't work bro because I don't have a Chrome Book. It's a laptop. Now I do have all my drivers but I would like to know how to achieve this in case I ever needed to download a file in the future on my iPhone and then copy it to my computer directly (not a photo but a program / EXE or ZIP file)

Sorry, I misread. Just install Google Drive on your laptop. Or you can do the same procedure using Microsoft OneDrive instead.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box are all online services accessable on mobile devices via apps and on computers by websites or programs you can download from those services. Those are your best options. iCloud is okay as well on a Windows or Mac, but Chromebook would use any of the others.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2