Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Official 11.2.6 is out...

f93860066344f80ce908eb4572297454.jpg

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone done the 11.2.6 update and 'lost' the use of the battery indicator, as detailed in Forbes magazine's repetitive articles(s) "iOS X.XX Has a Nasty Surprise ". and a few other articles.....?? The update has dropped on a few of our devices but I'm now holding off on it....

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone done the 11.2.6 update and 'lost' the use of the battery indicator, as detailed in Forbes magazine's repetitive articles(s) "iOS X.XX Has a Nasty Surprise ". and a few other articles.....?? The update has dropped on a few of our devices but I'm now holding off on it....

I've checked on my both my iPhone and my iPad after updating.. the battery indicator is there on both! I will check my husband's and mother in law's devices when I get home.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much - IMHO Forbes tends to over hype the negative as it attracts readers as most if not all of their tech articles seem to have the same slant. In the absence of negative feedback I'll go ahead and do the update on Sunday, thus allowing enough time for 'horror stories' to surface....

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... I'm pretty sure my boyfriend updated his SE to 11.2.6 because I checked it earlier tonight to see if he had an alarm set and noticed there was no battery percentage. I thought that was odd, but then I saw an article (not the Forbes one) saying the battery indicator disappears with the udpate.

I still have rose gold iPhone 7 on iOS 11.2. I think I'll stick with that for now.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much - IMHO Forbes tends to over hype the negative as it attracts readers as most if not all of their tech articles seem to have the same slant. In the absence of negative feedback I'll go ahead and do the update on Sunday, thus allowing enough time for 'horror stories' to surface....

Usually the battery % indicator is off by default. You may need to go into battery settings and turn it on. This is the case that settings can get changed around with OS updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.