'We want to help America,' Apple CEO Tim Cook says of moving foreign money back to US - ABC News

Overall it sounds like Apple is finding a compromise on this whole situation. So now that we’ve been given choices, what is your choice? Throttle to preserve your battery? Or utilize all the performance possible with the risk of issues?

I think I would go the performance route until I start noticing issues, personally.
    01-17-2018 10:47 PM
    For me it would be Full Throttle until it quits .
    01-18-2018 04:41 AM
    Looking forward to it!
    01-18-2018 07:59 AM
    Lol. Where will this saga end? Next, we’ll hear that Apple is deliberately killing off batteries in performance mode.
    01-18-2018 08:39 AM
    Performance,then new battery, the way it should always have been.
    Quis89 likes this.
    01-18-2018 08:52 AM
    My choice would be performance. If my phone starts shutting down due to battery age then it’s time to get a new battery or new phone. I have a feeling most would choose that option.
    Quis89 and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-18-2018 10:37 AM
    My choice would be performance. If my phone starts shutting down due to battery age then it’s time to get a new battery or new phone. I have a feeling most would choose that option.

Performance,then new battery, the way it should always have been.
    I'm in the same boat. I'd side with performance and replace the battery as needed.
    01-18-2018 11:12 AM
    I also would choose performance and then a new battery.... unless, of course, I wanted the newest version of iPhone .
    01-18-2018 11:15 AM
    Probably performance. Then if I need to slow down the CPU, I can always enable Low Power Mode.
    To be honest, for most users on this forum, it's really a moot point. Most here upgrade every year or two, thus would not likely see the slowdown.
    01-18-2018 11:16 AM
    This is how it should have been since the beginning, not apple forcing the customer to a new phone because they throttled the processor.
    blaine07 likes this.
    01-18-2018 12:47 PM
    They never forced anyone to upgrade, and most people would never notice being “throttled”
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-18-2018 01:26 PM
    This is how it should have been since the beginning, not apple forcing the customer to a new phone because they throttled the processor.
    Who do you know was "forced" to buy a new phone? I don't know anyone who was. I do know many who chose a new phone, rather than buy a new battery. I usually upgrade when my battery gets that degraded.
    Annie_8plus and nikkisharif like this.
    01-18-2018 01:32 PM
    They never forced anyone to upgrade, and most people would never notice being “throttled”
    I noticed the throttling
    01-18-2018 01:52 PM
    Who do you know was "forced" to buy a new phone? I don't know anyone who was. I do know many who chose a new phone, rather than buy a new battery. I usually upgrade when my battery gets that degraded.
    I was. Even at the apple store they said it was the phone. If they told me it was the battery then that would be one thing, but they didn't. I was told it was the phone therefor I was forced to get a new phone.
    01-18-2018 01:52 PM
    I was. Even at the apple store they said it was the phone. If they told me it was the battery then that would be one thing, but they didn't. I was told it was the phone therefor I was forced to get a new phone.
    Maybe it was the phone?
    01-18-2018 03:35 PM
    Maybe it was the phone?
    The phone was fine until I updated iOS therefor it wasn't the phone.
    01-18-2018 03:36 PM
    I have a problem with “I was forced to get a new phone”. Don’t get me wrong. I understand what you’re saying, but ‘force’ is what I disagree with. Being led to believe a newer phone would solve the problem is not the same as being forced to buy a new phone.
    01-18-2018 05:34 PM
    I have a problem with “I was forced to get a new phone”. Don’t get me wrong. I understand what you’re saying, but ‘force’ is what I disagree with. Being led to believe a newer phone would solve the problem is not the same as being forced to buy a new phone.
    True indeed.
    01-18-2018 06:59 PM
    The phone was fine until I updated iOS therefor it wasn't the phone.
    Can you be more specific?
    01-18-2018 07:50 PM
    Except that people were forced to get a new phone. They were never given the option from Apple Store employees to fix the battery. They either had to deal with a terribly slow phone or get a new one, and since that nobody wants to use a slow device, they were forced to get a new one.
    01-18-2018 09:31 PM
    Next month, the battery options come out. Per Tim Cook. So probably 11.3 since 11.2.5 is coming out next week.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-18-2018 10:12 PM
    Except that people were forced to get a new phone. They were never given the option from Apple Store employees to fix the battery. They either had to deal with a terribly slow phone or get a new one, and since that nobody wants to use a slow device, they were forced to get a new one.
    I think when people hear the word "forced" they assume Apple held a gun to your head and said you must get a new phone or you die, which obviously isn't the case. I think "forced" implies that those people didn't have a choice. But they did. They could have either dealt with a degraded phone, or upgrade. They made the choice to upgrade, thus they weren't "forced".

I definitely get what you're saying when you say they were forced. If you want a phone that works properly, your only choice is to upgrade. Thus you're "forced" because you don't have an alternative.

That said,

forced
    [fawrst, fohrst]

adjective
    enforced or compulsory:
    forced labor.
    strained, unnatural, or affected:
    a forced smile.
    subjected to force.
    required by circumstances; emergency:
    a forced landing of an airplane.
    I'm interested in how anyone can say the 4th definition of the word "forced" doesn't qualify.
    01-19-2018 10:52 AM
    What phone was that? I'm assuming it was before you made this thread on September 18, 2017 showing that you had full intention of upgrading to an 8 Plus or an X, regardless.

https://forums.imore.com/iphone/3939...-iphone-x.html
    01-19-2018 12:42 PM
    I think when people hear the word "forced" they assume Apple held a gun to your head and said you must get a new phone or you die, which obviously isn't the case. I think "forced" implies that those people didn't have a choice. But they did. They could have either dealt with a degraded phone, or upgrade. They made the choice to upgrade, thus they weren't "forced".

I definitely get what you're saying when you say they were forced. If you want a phone that works properly, your only choice is to upgrade. Thus you're "forced" because you don't have an alternative.

That said,

I'm interested in how anyone can say the 4th definition of the word "forced" doesn't qualify.
    The other option is buy a new battery.
    01-19-2018 01:37 PM
    Terribly slow? Lol It's the same thing as Low Power Mode. I can't tell any difference when I have that enabled. Maybe some who thought it was the Apple slowdown, actually had other issues.
    01-19-2018 01:41 PM
131 123 ...