Tim Cook says future iOS updates will give users the choice to disable throttling feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
This is the thing...Apple messed up. Good intentions overall (IMO) but the lack of transparency makes it seem like they were pulling the rug out from users with older devices. And you can’t tell me that NOBODY at Apple thought “...and we’ll probably get a few early upgrades out of it too!” Come on!
The good news: It’s being remedied. Now we’ll just get people complaining that their three year old iPhones are constantly crashing while they’re playing Candy Crush.

I'm sure a lot of people at apple thought “...and we’ll probably get a few early upgrades out of it too!” When my phone was working fine before the update and had issues immediately after the update I'm not believing apples story.
While it is being remedied it is too little too late. The switch should have been there since the beginning. Now it looks like what it is, a cover up.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Your 10 y/o nephew doesn't respect authority and you should talk to his parents about it because it could become an issue later.
Don’t go there!!! You’re totally missing the point of the analogy!!!

I'm guessing you've never tried a restaurant or a beer based on suggestions from others then?
Nobody dragged me to those ventures. I went willingly, per their suggestion. It was my own choice.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It is good of them to put this option in. I don't think they're doing it to "benefit" users but more so to quiet the storm from the angry users.

Either way glad it is going in.
It's too little too late. The switch should have been there since the beginning.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It's too little too late. The switch should have been there since the beginning.

Should have sure but kind of hard to go back in the past and change it now so only way to change it is going forward.. unless time travel has been invented that I am unaware of :p.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Don’t go there!!! You’re totally missing the point of the analogy!!!

Why not? Are you not capable of handling the truth? If he doesn’t listen to you when you tell him to pick up his toys than he has a problem with authority.

Nobody dragged me to those ventures. I went willingly, per their suggestion. It was my own choice.

I’m guessing you’ve never had to buy something out of necessity either?

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I see this thread can't take the warning from earlier. From personal insults, to talking about people's children, and other things that literally have nothing to do with the topic.

Shutting this down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen