Tim Cook says future iOS updates will give users the choice to disable throttling feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you call that “disclosure” then you’re a blind fanboi. I’ve spoken with numerous technicians and none of them take that to mean apple will throttle the processor. Also it wasn’t just during “peak workloads” like they claimed. It was a constant thing on my phone. Nowhere on either of those sites does it mention throttling the processor. Saying that it “improves power management” can mean a lot of things. Show me where apple disclosed the throttling of processors like I said they didn’t disclose.

What device was this on?
My father’s iPhone 6 is still performing like it did more than 2 years ago. Yes, it’s a bit slower, but that’s to be expected.

You make it sound like Android devices are much better, but they simply stop updating after 2 years. That means you don’t get to use any new features that’s introduced in newer updates. How is that any different then forcing to buy a new device. Apple is better in this regard, they provide all new features for even 4 year old devices with the exception of hardware limitations required by some features.

If anything, Apple does everything from keeping people to buy newer devices.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have no use for the police and I say that as one.

Then deal with who “forced” you into it while at your desk job and stop complaining just to complain.

Being in retail, I wish my customers were as easy a sale as you are. I prey on those easy sales. I’d be Warren Buffett.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
What device was this on?
My father’s iPhone 6 is still performing like it did more than 2 years ago. Yes, it’s a bit slower, but that’s to be expected.

You make it sound like Android devices are much better, but they simply stop updating after 2 years. That means you don’t get to use any new features that’s introduced in newer updates. How is that any different then forcing to buy a new device. Apple is better in this regard, they provide all new features for even 4 year old devices with the exception of hardware limitations required by some features.

If anything, Apple does everything from keeping people to buy newer devices.

I’ve answered the “what device question” already. It was my 6S Plus which was used on a secondary line to make and receive calls, texts, and emails for my work.

As far as not destroying phones through an OS update Android is far superior to iOS. I have a family member using an S6 and it’s held up great compared to my 6 Plus and 6S Plus that we’re used on secondary lines. It is different because the OEMs didn’t purposely throttle the processor. Honestly I could care less about new features at the expense of device performance. Therefor apple is not better in this regard because they purposely throttle the processor. I hope they get railed in courts for this!

No, apple doesn’t do “everything from keeping people to buy new devices.” While your sentence doesn’t make sense, I speak several languages and can make out the context of what you were trying to say. If what you said was true then the employees at the apple store wouldn’t have told me I need to buy a new phone because of the issues I had with mine. As I’ve said countless times here, at best it is a shady sales technique by apple and at worse it is forcing customers into a new phone by negatively impacting their current phone.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Then deal with who “forced” you into it while at your desk job and stop complaining just to complain.

Being in retail, I wish my customers were as easy a sale as you are. I prey on those easy sales. I’d be Warren Buffett.

You sure do love your personal insults and attacks, don’t you! My job is hardly a desk job and I’m not complaining to complain. I am complaining because I was wronged by apple.

I’m not an easy sale at all. It just so happened I used that number exclusively for work and needed it to make and receive calls, texts and emails. You should have seen me when I got my last car. I had a printout of why I wanted and slammed it on the sales managers desk and said “this is what I want, this is what I’m going to pay” and put the ball in his court. When he counteroffered I left my card and walked out. What do you sell?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’ve answered the “what device question” already. It was my 6S Plus which was used on a secondary line to make and receive calls, texts, and emails for my work.

As far as not destroying phones through an OS update Android is far superior to iOS. I have a family member using an S6 and it’s held up great compared to my 6 Plus and 6S Plus that we’re used on secondary lines. It is different because the OEMs didn’t purposely throttle the processor. Honestly I could care less about new features at the expense of device performance. Therefor apple is not better in this regard because they purposely throttle the processor. I hope they get railed in courts for this!

No, apple doesn’t do “everything from keeping people to buy new devices.” While your sentence doesn’t make sense, I speak several languages and can make out the context of what you were trying to say. If what you said was true then the employees at the apple store wouldn’t have told me I need to buy a new phone because of the issues I had with mine. As I’ve said countless times here, at best it is a shady sales technique by apple and at worse it is forcing customers into a new phone by negatively impacting their current phone.

How on earth do you even know if your device is throttled if you only use it for texting and calling???

You would be more believable if you said you used it for heavy tasks, like video converting, gif making, using it with Microsoft excel or Apple Pages app.

My mother’s and my sister’s iPhone 6s devices still work and I haven’t heard them complaining about it being slow.
My mother is on Facebook a lot, and we all know Facebook requires quite some power from the processor.

My sister is studying for being a dentist and she uses her iPhone 6s quite extensively for all sorts of tasks as well as editing videos and photos for her side job. Money has never been an issue for both my mother and sister and if they can keep using their devices, you should be able too.

Honestly, all what you’re doing is getting angry about Apple and exaggerate stuff into oblivion, expecting us to feel sorry for you or even to agree with you.

As someone who wants the best of their device for as long as possible I simply don’t and can’t agree with you on most things you have said in this thread. And that tells something about how you present your posts.

If you want sympathy from us, stop exaggerating and be honest about your real experience with Apple devices.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
How on earth do you even know if your device is throttled if you only use it for texting and calling???

You would be more believable if you said you used it for heavy tasks, like video converting, gif making, using it with Microsoft excel or Apple Pages app.

My mother’s and my sisters iPhone 6s devices still work and I haven’t heard them complaining about it being slow.
My mother is on Facebook a lot, and we all know Facebook requires quite some power from the processor.

My sister is studying for being a dentist and she uses her iPhone 6s quite extensively for all sorts of tasks as well as editing videos and photos for her side job. Money has never been an issue for both my mother and sister and if they can keep using their devices, you should be able too.

Honestly, all what you’re doing is getting angry about Apple and exaggerate stuff into oblivion, expecting us to feel sorry for you or even to agree with you.

As someone who wants the best of their device for as long as possible I simply don’t and can’t agree with you on most things you have said in this thread. And that tells something about how you present your posts.

If you want sympathy from us, stop exaggerating and be honest about your real experience with Apple devices.

Because the device was much slower and lagged after I updated it. And yes, I did at least two factory resets on it hoping that would help and it didn’t. I’d run a benchmark on it but I shot it after I got a new phone.
Call me a liar all you want but that is a reflection on you and not me. It shows what a fanboi you are because you refuse to believe anything but what you think happens.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My mother’s and my sister’s iPhone 6s devices still work and I haven’t heard them complaining about it being slow.

My wife and daughter have 6 and 6s and neither of them have complained either, and my daughter never puts hers down.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Because the device was much slower and lagged after I updated it. And yes, I did at least two factory resets on it hoping that would help and it didn’t. I’d run a benchmark on it but I shot it after I got a new phone.
Call me a liar all you want but that is a reflection on you and not me. It shows what a fanboi you are because you refuse to believe anything but what you think happens.

I clearly stated my own experience as well as others’ regarding Apple devices.

Disregarding your experience only means that either I don’t agree with it or that your specific situation was something entirely different than a throttled device.

I have tried to be sympathetic to your case by withholding from replying but like I said you made that impossible.

There are 2 iPhone 6’, two iPhone 6s’ and 2
iPhone 7 Plus devices in my immediate family and I am an all those devices from time to time. What you’re depicting is hardly the norm here, but rather an exception.

If the Apple employee was not able to solve your situation it was on you to search for his supervisor and have your device tested intensively and extensively.

Instead, you opted to buy a new device, because the Apple employee told you so??? I don’t buy that. You bought it at your own volition.

I have been to the Apple Store quite a lot of times in the past few months about my Apple Watch 2015 series 0 and they said I was better off buying a new one. Instead, I decided that my watch was doing okay enough and that its slowness doesn’t justify my buying a new series 3.

It’s okay to take responsibility for your own actions, don’t go blaming someone else for that. You’re no Don Quixote after all.

Last edited:

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I clearly stated my own experience as well as others’ regarding Apple devices.

Disregarding your experience only means that either I don’t agree with it or that your specific situation was something entirely different than a throttled device.

I have tried to be sympathetic to your case by withholding from replying but like I said you made that impossible.

There are 2 iPhone 6’, two iPhone 6s’ and 2
iPhone 7 Plus devices in my immediate family and I am an all those devices from time to time. What you’re depicting is hardly the norm here, but rather an exception.

If the Apple employee was not able to solve your situation it was on you to search for his supervisor and have your device tested intensively and extensively.

Instead, you opted to buy a new device, because the Apple employee told you so??? I don’t buy that. You bought it at your own volition.

I have been to the Apple Store quite a lot of times in the past few months about my Apple Watch 2015 series 0 and they said I was better off buying a new one. Instead, I decided that my watch was doing okay enough and that its slowness doesn’t justify my buying a new series 3.

It’s okay to take responsibility for your own actions, don’t go blaming someone else for that. You’re no Don Quixote after all.

Let me reiterate, you posted your experience, not mine! Your refusal to refuse to believe my story speaks volumes about you as a person. It shows that you’re a blind fanboi who refuses to believe anything but what apple tells you to believe. You are disregarding my story because it goes against what apple tells you. You were never sympathetic towards my story. Instead you were snooty and claimed I was wrong.

I literally couldn’t care less about the devices in your immediate family because it has no bearing on what happened in my case.

I actually did speak with a supervisor at the apple store because I wasn’t buying that it wasn’t the software since my phone worked perfectly fine prior to updating the iOS. Both the employee and supervisor told me I needed a new phone. If they gave me the option to replace the battery I would have, but they didn’t. As I’ve stated I was forced to buy a new phone because I had a non working phone thanks to the iOS update. It was not on my “own violation” as you incorrectly claim.

I do take responsibility for my actions. In this case it was not my actions but apple’s action that to me being forced to buy a new phone. In this case apple deserves the blame!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Let me reiterate, you posted your experience, not mine! Your refusal to refuse to believe my story speaks volumes about you as a person. It shows that you’re a blind fanboi who refuses to believe anything but what apple tells you to believe. You are disregarding my story because it goes against what apple tells you. You were never sympathetic towards my story. Instead you were snooty and claimed I was wrong.
Apple has never told me what to believe about their devices. It’s my own experience as well as other people’s experience I know.
I literally couldn’t care less about the devices in your immediate family because it has no bearing on what happened in my case.

Your case is an exception, not the norm. That’s why I mentioned those devices.

I actually did speak with a supervisor at the apple store because I wasn’t buying that it wasn’t the software since my phone worked perfectly fine prior to updating the iOS. Both the employee and supervisor told me I needed a new phone. If they gave me the option to replace the battery I would have, but they didn’t. As I’ve stated I was forced to buy a new phone because I had a non working phone thanks to the iOS update. It was not on my “own violation” as you incorrectly claim.

Volition, not violation.
Both the employe nor the supervisor have done enough to see what the issue was. They should have. You can still take this up with upper management and have your case reviewed. Maybe something good can come out of it.

I do take responsibility for my actions. In this case it was not my actions but apple’s action that to me being forced to buy a new phone. In this case apple deserves the blame!
No matter what anybody ever says, they can’t make you buy something, under any circumstances.

At some point you agreed to pay for a new device. You came to that conclusion yourself, you picked up your credit card and gave it to them and entered your pin code yourself. At no point have they physically forced you to buy that new device.

I can’t even get my 10 y/o nephew to pick up his toys from the floor and he is susceptible to listen to adults.
How can a fully grown up person as yourself claim to have done something that someone else suggested to you?

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
As far as not destroying phones through an OS update Android is far superior to iOS.

Not a valid argument. Android phones seldom get updates. Android isn't superior. Never will be.

This isn't going out to anyone specific; let this silly "force" debate die. Let's stop picking it apart already, I think we understood what he meant by it. It's (the debate) childish at best.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Not a valid argument. Android phones seldom get updates. Android isn't superior. Never will be.

You’re incorrect and were clearly using the wrong Android devices.

This isn't going out to anyone specific; let this silly "force" debate die. Let's stop picking it apart already, I think we understood what he meant by it. It's (the debate) childish at best.

Another apple fanboi can’t take the truth! Force is the correct word used in what apple did. Both @Retinella and @Quis89 have said basically the same thing. By apple not being transparent in their throttling the processor forced customers to get a new device. That’s a fact!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder folks..........
[INFO] P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)
* Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
* Be understanding, patient, professional, attentive and helpful.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Friendly reminder folks..........
[INFO] P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)
* Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
* Be understanding and patient.

Exactly! Thank you sir.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You’re incorrect and were clearly using the wrong Android devices.

No, I am not. Every Android device I ever purchased was purchased unlocked directly from Google at the Play Store. I've only been using iPhones for less than 2 years. They update their flagship devices for aprox a year or two, and then it falls to the wayside where they update their new flagships. I got sick of having to root my devices and install custom ROMs just so I could have an updated secure device. I have more experience with this nonsense and Google than I care to think about.

Another apple fanboi

The word "fanboy" is a derogatory remark, and I've done nothing to deserve it other than politely disagree with you. You're completely guessing which side I am on with this "force" debate. Perhaps it's time for you to step away from this discussion if you cannot do it without making assumptions and being mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox