Tim Cook says future iOS updates will give users the choice to disable throttling feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
My choice would be performance. If my phone starts shutting down due to battery age then it’s time to get a new battery or new phone. I have a feeling most would choose that option.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I also would choose performance and then a new battery.... unless, of course, I wanted the newest version of iPhone :D.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Probably performance. Then if I need to slow down the CPU, I can always enable Low Power Mode.
To be honest, for most users on this forum, it's really a moot point. Most here upgrade every year or two, thus would not likely see the slowdown.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
This is how it should have been since the beginning, not apple forcing the customer to a new phone because they throttled the processor.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is how it should have been since the beginning, not apple forcing the customer to a new phone because they throttled the processor.

Who do you know was "forced" to buy a new phone? I don't know anyone who was. I do know many who chose a new phone, rather than buy a new battery. I usually upgrade when my battery gets that degraded.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Who do you know was "forced" to buy a new phone? I don't know anyone who was. I do know many who chose a new phone, rather than buy a new battery. I usually upgrade when my battery gets that degraded.
I was. Even at the apple store they said it was the phone. If they told me it was the battery then that would be one thing, but they didn't. I was told it was the phone therefor I was forced to get a new phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was. Even at the apple store they said it was the phone. If they told me it was the battery then that would be one thing, but they didn't. I was told it was the phone therefor I was forced to get a new phone.

I have a problem with “I was forced to get a new phone”. Don’t get me wrong. I understand what you’re saying, but ‘force’ is what I disagree with. Being led to believe a newer phone would solve the problem is not the same as being forced to buy a new phone.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem with “I was forced to get a new phone”. Don’t get me wrong. I understand what you’re saying, but ‘force’ is what I disagree with. Being led to believe a newer phone would solve the problem is not the same as being forced to buy a new phone.

True indeed.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

Except that people were forced to get a new phone. They were never given the option from Apple Store employees to fix the battery. They either had to deal with a terribly slow phone or get a new one, and since that nobody wants to use a slow device, they were forced to get a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro