Do We Think Parental/Child Profiles Will Be Added To iOS?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
With the recent articles about Apple's investors pressuring them to do more regarding safeguards and granular parental control, do we think Apple may soon add "profiles" to iOS devices?

I bought my son an Amazon Fire Tablet for Christmas and I really like the fact that I can have my parent profile and then add children profiles. It's quick and easy and locks it down well enough the suit my needs and his needs.

I recently enabled "restrictions" to the iPad, but the process to re-enable something for an adult is a bit drawn out in comparison to Amazon's Android overlay.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about full profiles but I believe Apple has said they will be adding better parental controls to iOS. Make sense of them to considering Android has had it for quite some time and it would ease the minds of many parents.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It is possible, and I think it’ll be a great feature to have on iOS. Especially considering the number of children’s that owns an iOS device these days.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
By profiles I'm suggesting something similar to the current restriction settings, i.e. no safari, apps for 12 under, etc… but with a quick way to accomplish it; like a toggle in the control center for "kid mode".