I have entire albums of music I purchased via iTunes that I’m unable to play. Is there a fix for this?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have entire albums of music I purchased via iTunes that I’m unable to play. Is there a fix for this?

Does anyone have know how to fix this?

I have entire albums of music I purchased with iTunes and Synced to my iPhone that are not playable. I just get an Apple Music sign up dialog telling me I can play that and other stuff on Apple Music. I tried deleting the albums off of my phone and synching them over [again] from iTunes on my iMac (where everything IS playable), but it doesn't help at all.

To check things further, I synced the same music to my iPad Touch, and everything is playable there (but it is an old one running iOS 4). It's just the iPhone that is disallowing me from playing my music.

I've been trying to fix this for days. It's incredibly frustrating.

Which albums are affected seems completely random (judging by purchase date and which device I purchased them on).

EDIT: It seems that if I 3D Touch a song and then tap the album art with the play icon over it, it will play the full songs. Tapping them in my album directly (in the track list) still gives me an Apple Music Pop-up, and disallows me from playing them. It's treating them as if they are DRM'd tracks and your Apple Music subscription has lapse when, when I try to play them from the track list.

So this seem to be a bug in iOS/Apple's Music App.

Not surprised.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Entire Albums of Unplayable Music

Just make sure both Music and iCloud Music Library are disabled in Settings > Music.

Last edited:

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

This is what happens when I try to play the music from the track list.

IMG_0049.JPG

Settings:

IMG_0050.JPG

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Entire Albums of Unplayable Music

I have to ask, did you tap the Not Now?
Does it come back after a while?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Yes. That’s the only way to get off the screen. It pops up the advertisement every time.

Tried hard and soft resetting Phone, as well as deleting all music off the phone and syncing it over again from iTunes.

Other devices play the music just fine, right from the track list. iMac iTunes and iPod Touch are not doing this, and non-Apple devices play the same tracks without issue.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Entire Albums of Unplayable Music

Solved the issue. Only took a week...

Can you walk us through the steps you took to fix this issue, and what you believe may have caused it? Your walkthrough may help others coming to the forums with the same issue.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The albums were hidden in my account, which stopped the iPhone from playing them, and also made it so you couldn’t download them on the iPhone from the iTunes Store via the purchased tab.

It almost doesn’t make sense, but that fixed it.

I Unhid the Album with iTunes on my Mac and then downloaded all the songs from the purchase tab on my iPhone.

I never actually hid the albums, and I’m not sure how that happened.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro