Can I remove an additional email from an Apple ID and use it for a new Apple ID

kirst311

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi.
I have an Apple ID.
My daughter has an iPad and I signed her into iCloud on that using my Apple ID. I added her email so that she could use face time and imessage her friends with her email address. We just select the email addresses separately on our devices so we don’t get each other’s calls. she selects her email on her iPad and unchecks mine and my phone number. I do the opposite. She got an iPhone for Xmas and we did the same with it adding it to my Apple ID.
Her Email shows up as an additional email address in my Apple ID account management. If I create a new Apple ID for her with family sharing - can she then also use her same email address for imessage and face time on her new child Apple ID?
If not, can I remove her email address from my account (it’s a gmail address) and then add it straight away to the new child Apple ID I have created for her.

I’d like to be able to switch her gmail address from my Apple ID over to her Apple ID as her gmail is the address that all her iMessage contacts have.
Also - if I create a child Apple ID using family sharing - will all the apps automatically switch over to her Apple ID or will she have to select them.
Will she lose any progress or points she has achieved in games:

Thank you

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hi.
I have an Apple ID.
My daughter has an iPad and I signed her into iCloud on that using my Apple ID. I added her email so that she could use face time and imessage her friends with her email address. We just select the email addresses separately on our devices so we don’t get each other’s calls. she selects her email on her iPad and unchecks mine and my phone number. I do the opposite. She got an iPhone for Xmas and we did the same with it adding it to my Apple ID.
Her Email shows up as an additional email address in my Apple ID account management. If I create a new Apple ID for her with family sharing - can she then also use her same email address for imessage and face time on her new child Apple ID?
If not, can I remove her email address from my account (it’s a gmail address) and then add it straight away to the new child Apple ID I have created for her.

I’d like to be able to switch her gmail address from my Apple ID over to her Apple ID as her gmail is the address that all her iMessage contacts have.
Also - if I create a child Apple ID using family sharing - will all the apps automatically switch over to her Apple ID or will she have to select them.
Will she lose any progress or points she has achieved in games:

Thank you

You can remove her email from your AppleID pretty easily at www.appleid.apple.com

You also shouldn't have a problem creating an AppleID using her email once it is deleted from your account. If you create her own AppleID I'm not sure if everything will necessarily have to be re-downloaded on her current device, but as it's technically a new account she'll have to re-sign in using her own AppleID. So games progress and other things will more than likely start new.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
She can still sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID. That way she can keep her apps. Just not sign in to iCloud with yours.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2