DNS Adblock and battery life

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether using a DNS Adblock app on my iPhone would mean seeing my battery life dwindle. Might be a placebo effect, but I seem to not get as good usage per day lately and I’m wondering if that might be the reason.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Check Settings > Battery > and see what is using up your battery. If the DNS Adblock app is causing the issue you will see it listed there. It would probably be shown as background activity since it is not an app that runs in the foreground.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether using a DNS Adblock app on my iPhone would mean seeing my battery life dwindle. Might be a placebo effect, but I seem to not get as good usage per day lately and I’m wondering if that might be the reason.
I was experiencing the same issue using ADB (an ad blocker) especially on some websites. Battery drains in a very noticeable way.
App removed, all is good again.
So far I didn’t try another ad blocker.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Check Settings > Battery > and see what is using up your battery. If the DNS Adblock app is causing the issue you will see it listed there. It would probably be shown as background activity since it is not an app that runs in the foreground.
In my case since it was a Safari “extension “ the usage was reported as “Safari” and not ADB.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73