Poor Bluetooth Quality In Car with iOS 11.2?

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I have a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. Over the past few days, multiple people have told me the sound quality of my phone calls is very poor.

The only thing I can think of that has changed is I have upgraded to 11.2. I upgrade using iTunes and a physical cable. I am using an iPhone X.

Has anyone else encountered any issues? I have no other phone to use to make a comparison.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I have a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. Over the past few days, multiple people have told me the sound quality of my phone calls is very poor.

The only thing I can think of that has changed is I have upgraded to 11.2. I upgrade using iTunes and a physical cable. I am using an iPhone X.

Has anyone else encountered any issues? I have no other phone to use to make a comparison.

Bluetooth in my car works great with my iPhone X running iOS 11.2.

anon(749368)

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
It's a known issue stemming from the Bluetooth 5 chip. Forums are full of complaints but there's no answer from Apple. And btw, this is not apple exclusive, the Samsung phones have the same issue

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It's a known issue stemming from the Bluetooth 5 chip. Forums are full of complaints but there's no answer from Apple. And btw, this is not apple exclusive, the Samsung phones have the same issue

Ok, thanks.

I thought this was software related as it just sprang up a few days ago after my upgrade to 11.2.

For reference, audio playback like music sound just fine.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
How do you do the reboot? Just "forget" the devices in BT settings?

No.

On the older iPhone it was hold the main button and lock button for like ten seconds... on the iPhone X you press volume up, volume down, then hold the lock button for about 10 seconds until it reboots.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711