Many people have owned ‘every’ iPhone model up to the current iPhone X and others, like me, have owned almost every iPhone model. To those of you who have used an iPhone for many years, which iOS version do ‘you’ think was Apple’s greatest? I’m one of those people who are on a beta build year round, but for the sake of this thread, I’d have to say iOS 6. What say you?
    11-26-2017 07:27 AM
    I’d have to go with iOS 11, specifically because of the changes that were made for iPad. There have been some great and some not so great versions in the past but I can’t think of anything that I miss from the past that isn’t already in iOS 11.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-26-2017 07:33 AM
    I vote iOS 6 as well. While it didn't have many of the newest features, it worked and looked great. I still miss it. iOS 11 seems unpopular with many users. As of 11/6, 52% of iPhone users were on iOS 11. Obviously, many don't care about the latest greatest.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-26-2017 11:17 AM
    I liked iOS 6, but I think iOS 10 was the best. It ran so smooth on all my old devices.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-26-2017 11:37 AM
    I really liked 4.2.1 on my 3GS..JB of course..
    Just_Me_D and JML5150 like this.
    11-27-2017 01:24 PM
    I liked iOS 7. It became a cleaner look overall and brought the control center. By the end it was pretty stable.
    Just_Me_D and ladyc0524 like this.
    11-27-2017 01:39 PM
    I have a few opinions....
    iOS 7 was a big change which is shaped how we all use our devices now

iOS 11 for continuous improvement especially for iPad.

Finally, I want to vote for iOS 1. It pioneered the way for smartphones as a standard. Simply design which was well implemented. That’s why everyone who used it already know how it worked.
    As they say.... Keep It Simple, Stupid!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-27-2017 03:38 PM
    iOS 7 and iOS 11
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    11-27-2017 08:53 PM
    iOS 9
    Last edited by iCortana; 02-16-2018 at 08:54 PM.
    11-28-2017 11:23 PM
    IOS 9 was great. IOS 10 ran great, but they added too many childish features that couldn't be turned off. IOS 11 ruined the landscape keyboard and is the biggest reason that I'm now using an android phone.
    12-08-2017 06:28 AM
    I've used all version, I liked the icons of the original 3G don't remember the version number, but like the features of 11.2 so I'd have to say the newest version is the greatest.
    12-08-2017 06:36 AM
    I’m voting for iOS 6. I miss the old icons and haven’t been a fan of the “modern” ones at all.
    01-06-2018 11:20 AM
    I really like iOS 11, but they may just be the byproduct of getting the X. Gesture support is really nice. I know many people have complained about how buggy more recent releases have been. I don't really see those bugs, but that's probably because I upgrade to the newest iPhone every year. I've used every version since iPhone OS 2. It may just be selective memory, but I don't remember having a really bad experience on any of them.
    04-27-2018 09:28 AM
    iOS1. Using a cut down but fully featured and mature OS from the PC world, rather than the limited and unstable OS's that others used at the time (Symbian, Windows Mobile) was a great decision. Also important was focussing on the UI ahead of competing on features.

Apple weren't the first to go in this direction. For example, Nokia were working on some very nice Linux-based platforms at the time. But Apple were the first to bring a modern mobile OS to market and this was critical to their current success. Everything else was built from this.
    04-27-2018 10:52 AM
    I'd say iOS 11, but I liked 10 as well.
    04-27-2018 11:21 AM
    iOS1. Using a cut down but fully featured and mature OS from the PC world, rather than the limited and unstable OS's that others used at the time (Symbian, Windows Mobile) was a great decision. Also important was focussing on the UI ahead of competing on features.

Apple weren't the first to go in this direction. For example, Nokia were working on some very nice Linux-based platforms at the time. But Apple were the first to bring a modern mobile OS to market and this was critical to their current success. Everything else was built from this.
    iPhone OS 1 was far from fully featured though from a phone perspective. It didn't have MMS.
    04-27-2018 12:03 PM
    I got introduced to iOS at 6 but found 7 to be the most lively

But iOS 11 is the best
    Tartarus likes this.
    04-28-2018 09:40 PM
    iPhone OS 1 was far from fully featured though from a phone perspective. It didn't have MMS.
    I was talking about iOS being fully featured from the point of view of an operating system (I'm using the term in its computer science meaning - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system). From the start, iOS was a proper, mature, preemptive multitasking OS with proper memory management, etc. It is based on BSD UNIX, so can trace its heritage to the mini-computers of the early seventies. Other mobile OS's of the time, such as Symbian and Windows Mobile grew from the mobile platforms of the late nineties, and were technically limited by the capabilities of late nineties' mobile chips.

Sure, iOS1 didn't have MMS, but from the point of view of an operating system that's just an application and can easily be added.

Let me put it another way - iOS was different from earlier mobile platforms because its foundations were strong, being based on BSD UNIX. The same for Android, which builds on Linux. In comparison, earlier mobile OS's were built on metaphorical sand.
    04-29-2018 05:01 AM
    iOS 6 for sure
    05-01-2018 06:50 AM
    I really like iOS 11, but they may just be the byproduct of getting the X. Gesture support is really nice. I know many people have complained about how buggy more recent releases have been. I don't really see those bugs, but that's probably because I upgrade to the newest iPhone every year. I've used every version since iPhone OS 2. It may just be selective memory, but I don't remember having a really bad experience on any of them.
    I agree, I haven’t seen all the “bugginess” that some are complaining about either.
    06-02-2018 02:02 PM
    Probably iOS 9.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-29-2018 07:52 PM