How to stop voicemail from appearing as text messages?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm on VZW and just started getting my voicemail transcribed and sent to me as text messages. Is Apple doing this or VZW as I don't see this anywhere in my VZW features list to remove or deactivate? How do I turn this off???

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for sending a link. I read through all the items on that page on Visual Voicemail but I'm not seeing anything on Voicemail being sent as text messages. VZW even has a google page if you search but the page itself, while saying it will refer you to how to address this, has absolutely no info on the service, turning it on or turning it off. Any resources that directly address the text message part of this? Anyone know how to shut off voicemail being sent as text message?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Another way to turn it off is to switch from the $2.99/month Premium Visual Voicemail to regular iPhone Voicemail, which doesn't offer voicemail to text message as a feature. Again, you do that (on a PC browser) by going to verizonwireless dot com, log in to your account, hover the mouse over "My Verizon" at the top, hover over "My plans and services" below that, then click on "Manage Products and Apps". From there you can change your voicemail settings.

Or you can probably call Verizon support and ask them to turn the feature off for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73