Camera and torch broke after iOS 11 update!!

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
After I updated to iOS 11 on my se the camera now permanently shows a black screen when opened and the torch no longer works either. A quick google search shows this is a common error with many users affected. I tried the usual tricks and even updated to the beta os after trying to reload the original iOS 11 os to fix the problem, but nothing has cures this massive issue. Anyone have any ideas? Or has overcome this problem themselves?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Do you have a backup of your phone before you updated? If you do then you could always restore to that backup. Just a suggestion.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Try a factory reset and see if that fixes the camera. My husband has the SE, but hasn't mentioned any issues with it.

Not sure what a "torch" is.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a backup but it is no longer possible to roll back to 10.3. I’ve done all the different resets but no luck

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a backup but it is no longer possible to roll back to 10.3. I’ve done all the different resets but no luck

If a factory reset has not fixed the issue, make an appointment at your local Apple store with the Genius Bar so that they can better assist you.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Tried numerous resets but got it working after holding down on the camera icon (to get them to wiggle as if you want to delete something) and then also holding the power button. Restarted and it was fixed

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner