Weather widget woes

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem since the iOS 11 beta cycle. I don't understand why it can't (or won't) be fixed. In the meantime I'm using the BeWeather widget. For an app that's been abandoned by its developer, it's still performing rather well and has the best looking customizable widget of all the 3rd party apps I've tried.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem since the iOS 11 beta cycle. I don't understand why it can't (or won't) be fixed. In the meantime I'm using the BeWeather widget. For an app that's been abandoned by its developer, it's still performing rather well and has the best looking customizable widget of all the 3rd party apps I've tried.

I use both the Apple weather and Beweather widget. I might delete the Apple widget.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I’ve been using CARROT⁵ and Apple’s apps.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I think the issue could be related to the “when in use” or “always “ setting.
I’m keeping it as “when in use” and it doesn’t update the widget

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones, but I've not had any issues with the stock weather app. I run it and BeWeather 2 widgets and they're both fairly close if not identical in readings most of the time. Been on beta 11 since day 1 first on a 6s, and now on 8 Plus. I also run both on my 2017 9.7" iPad and on my watch.

I'm running 11.2.5 stock and the stock weather app is the only one working and updating on Apple Watch. BeWeather and Dark Sky will not update on AW automatically. All settings confirmed correct.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm running 11.2.5 stock and the stock weather app is the only one working and updating on Apple Watch. BeWeather and Dark Sky will not update on AW automatically. All settings confirmed correct.

Odd. BeWeather and Carrot both auto update on my Apple watch. They worked on my AW 1st gen, and now on the AW Nike Sport. I'm running beta on my 8 Plus and iPad, but stock on my AW.

The only issue I've ever had is sometimes BeWeather will just go blank. This happens on both stock and beta iOS, on iPhone, iPad and AW. Pretty sure it's a BeWeather issue though.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I’m having this problem with Carrot weather on my watch. I may just switch to using the stock weather app.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m having this problem with Carrot weather on my watch. I may just switch to using the stock weather app.

When it comes to complications, the stock weather app always works great on my watch. I keep DarkSky installed just to look at weather in case I don't want to pull out my phone, and because it gives better information. (I'm personally not a fan of the snark on Carrot. I just want the weather, no attitude or "fun".)

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
3ce686fe29f5cd00fb9c3a681abb6487.jpg

So this is my location at work. I'd been home over two hours and Be Weather was still showing work location.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
When it comes to complications, the stock weather app always works great on my watch. I keep DarkSky installed just to look at weather in case I don't want to pull out my phone, and because it gives better information. (I'm personally not a fan of the snark on Carrot. I just want the weather, no attitude or "fun".)

I’m not a fan of the “snark” either so I set it to professional and it’s just the weather, no snide remarks. The  weather widget issues seem to have been fixed in 11.3 beta 2, so yay!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

You might also consider Accuweather..... There have been a lot of changes in the last year in the world of third party weather outfits in general & now US Weather Channel, Wunderground/ BeWeather and Intellicast are same source, same data, different displays. I can only speak for myself from in the Caribbean, but Accuweather seems to have a better grasp of at least short range ( a week or less) forecasting. It's App displays are quite unique and take a sole to get used to but it's become my goto weather App since the corporate changes. Thy seems to have a stronger the to the NOAA people, who are also struggling though with federal funding and budget cuts ( takes $$ to build a wall or refit an army) . The Accuweather widget appears to be functional but basic and is a quick access to the App itself

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You might also consider Accuweather..... There have been a lot of changes in the last year in the world of third party weather outfits in general & now US Weather Channel, Wunderground/ BeWeather and Intellicast are same source, same data, different displays. I can only speak for myself from in the Caribbean, but Accuweather seems to have a better grasp of at least short range ( a week or less) forecasting. It's App displays are quite unique and take a sole to get used to but it's become my goto weather App since the corporate changes. Thy seems to have a stronger the to the NOAA people, who are also struggling though with federal funding and budget cuts ( takes $$ to build a wall or refit an army) . The Accuweather widget appears to be functional but basic and is a quick access to the App itself

I do have Accuweather and like it a lot but find its widget rather drab. I also use eWeather HD, which I find the most accurate in all respects. Its widget is not bad either. It might be too early to call, but it looks like the latest OS update 11.2.6 fixes the stock widget (finally). I’ve heard that the last 11.3 beta fixed it and hoped that Apple would throw it into the new 11.2 update. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro