How to disable ALL dock app suggestions on iOS 11

zooning

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
I’m using an IPad Pro 10.5in and it’s running iOS 11.0.2.

I’m referring to the right side of the dock when I say suggestions.

There’s a setting in “multitasking & dock” called “show suggested and recent apps” this is disabled.

These apps have gray circles on there top right face that have various signs on them 3A8B2F2A-E6B7-49F0-A588-B65C54EBC46D.jpeg

I am in no way asking WHAT they do, I don’t care and for the most part I already know.

What I am asking is IF THERE’S A WAY TO DISABLE IT, and if there is then HOW DO I DISABLED IT (capitalization is used to highlight the question).

If you don’t understand the question, write what it is you don’t understand and then see if this post has already answered it, if it seems it dose, then delete your question, if is seems it dose not, then post your question.

If you think you do understand the question but don’t know the answer, then don’t post a comment, only to accidentally make things more confusing.

If you think you understand the question and know the answer, then post a comment answering the first or second question to the best of your ability, anything else that is not answering the question, or someone else’s question, or asking a question that you think this post dose not answer is likely unnecessary.

NOTE: if you did not read this entire post, you are likely not qualified to comment.

zooning

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Well then delete the previous thread, because no one there knew what they where talking about, and also your comment is not within the clear (as clear as I could possibly make it) guide lines, I’d like it if you would delete your comment or edited it to answer the question that way I can delete this comment being forced to deal with your complete disregard for the comment before yours, though knowing hard heads like you, that will NEVER happen. (Says to himself) why can no one JUST answer the question, it’s like playing 20 questions with these people.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Well then delete the previous thread, because no one there knew what they where talking about, and also your comment is not within the clear (as clear as I could possibly make it) guide lines, I’d like it if you would delete your comment or edited it to answer the question that way I can delete this comment being forced to deal with your complete disregard for the comment before yours, though knowing hard heads like you, that will NEVER happen. (Says to himself) why can no one JUST answer the question, it’s like playing 20 questions with these people.

No need to be so rude. You could have just searched for the existing thread before starting a new one. SwitchBeach is an experienced person here, he was just guiding you so you won’t repeat the mistake.
And perhaps, try to be a bit more patient till someone figures out the answer to your question.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

We are not paid tech support representatives; we are everyday Apple and general tech enthusiasts trying to help. If you don’t like a response ignore it and move on, or perhaps provide additional details that may be relevant to the situation.
Furthermore, throwing around insults will NOT be permitted on this forum per our Community Rules & Guidelines. Please be respectful to others and perhaps more people would be willing to help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Zooning, while we appreciate you becoming a member of the iMore forum and seeking assistance, please understand a few things:

1. We are not your enemy
2. Creating multiple threads will not get you a faster answer. Duplicate threads will almost always get removed from view.
3. Since we are all volunteers with lives that don’t revolve around iMore, we ask that you be patient while awaiting a reply.
4. If you receive a reply from someone that may not be in line with what you were expecting, please thankful that he or she made an attempt to be helpful.

With that in mind, welcome to iMore.

anhtuanrena

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Zooning, while we appreciate you becoming a member of the iMore forum and seeking assistance, please understand a few things:

1. We are not your enemy
2. Creating multiple threads will not get you a faster answer. Duplicate threads will almost always get removed from view.
3. Since we are all volunteers with lives that don’t revolve around iMore, we ask that you be patient while awaiting a reply.
4. If you receive a reply from someone that may not be in line with what you were expecting, please thankful that he or she made an attempt to be helpful.

With that in mind, welcome to iMore.

The most RUDE asking topic I have ever read in my like, he think he is the king and everyone is have to obey him.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I’m using an IPad Pro 10.5in and it’s running iOS 11.0.2.

I’m referring to the right side of the dock when I say suggestions.

There’s a setting in “multitasking & dock” called “show suggested and recent apps” this is disabled.

These apps have gray circles on there top right face that have various signs on them View attachment 119963

I am in no way asking WHAT they do, I don’t care and for the most part I already know.

What I am asking is IF THERE’S A WAY TO DISABLE IT, and if there is then HOW DO I DISABLED IT (capitalization is used to highlight the question).

If you don’t understand the question, write what it is you don’t understand and then see if this post has already answered it, if it seems it dose, then delete your question, if is seems it dose not, then post your question.

If you think you do understand the question but don’t know the answer, then don’t post a comment, only to accidentally make things more confusing.

If you think you understand the question and know the answer, then post a comment answering the first or second question to the best of your ability, anything else that is not answering the question, or someone else’s question, or asking a question that you think this post dose not answer is likely unnecessary.

NOTE: if you did not read this entire post, you are likely not qualified to comment.

Erm is this like a job interview

Ok I own an iPad mini 2 and haven’t spotted these icons before, I’m thinking at this point perhaps they’re 3D Touch related?

Even though these suggestions are disabled it could be a bug somewhere? Have you set this device up as new or upgraded via OTA?

zooning

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Forgot about this post, and looking at it, your all still vary bad at this. So... am I to take it NO ONE read the first post... and also if me being as real as possible to prevent confusion (because everyone was acting I was from mars asking kids where babies come from) is me being rude, then yes I am rude, as far as I’m concerned the only people who actually tried answering my question rather then leaving a repetitive remark about how rude I am (as though they not only didn’t read my main post but literally only read the one asking for the deletion of an unnecessary comment, not any of the comments before there own) was darius_robin (though making an unnecessary comment at first) jr866gooner though starts with a not so funny funny, and the one guy who actually seems like all he’s doing is trying to help, even sense my first thread, ledsteplin. The reason I made this thread having already made a thread, was because the previous thread got way to convoluted with questions and confusion, so I made this one as clear as possible. Obviously you people would rather gossip about the one guy sick of your gossiping, and as for patience, before I forget about this thread I had bin asking the same question for about a weak, being sure to wait one full day in between each post. I came here thinking people here would be helpful, but most of you are just a headache.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I had no intention to offend with some mild humour. There’s no way to stop that suggestion. Raise it with Apple.

Great, if you feel this way over a forum how do you react to people in person? You’re judging people before they’ve had a chance to help and quite frankly rather rudely stating people aren’t intelligent enough to help or at least that’s how it comes across.

It’s people that act like this that makes me wonder why should I help....

I’ve quickly learnt in forums if you act like a end you’re treated like one so this is why I respect others here and on any other forum I frequent.

zooning

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
I never said you where trying to offend, if memory (or just read it) serves, I said a “not so funny funny”, only implying it was not vary funny and it was unnecessary. I in real life treat people vary nicely, I always find a way to put myself in there shoes. But I’m not here to make friends, I “was” here to get answers, the good old “business as usual” but instead I make one comment that offended some people and they act like a bunch of snow flakes, I was rude maybe, but it’s not like I was being down right nasty, cussing people out for being a terrible human being, I only stated that there vary bad at being constructive on this forum. The thing that ticks me off is how little people see this, it may be my... autism/aspergers and it’s innate inability to be able to convey the simplest of thoughts, but everyone treats me like the enemy for a comment of frustration over another comment completely and utterly disregarding the clear lines I tried to set in my first comment to prevent confusion, a thing the other forum was riddled with, can you honestly tell me that if you had spent time, effort, and thought into trying to keep things clean, only to have literally the first comment come in and trash it like a little brother coming into your room and recking the place (and don’t tell me you have no idea what that would be like because of something like your an only child, because if I can get it and be an only child...). But comment whatever you what here at this point, it’s just another mangled chat board. PS the last sentence what bitter, not salty or spicy, I feel I have to mention that do to the lack of tone that gets through one of these things.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had no intention to offend with some mild humour. There’s no way to stop that suggestion. Raise it with Apple.

Great, if you feel this way over a forum how do you react to people in person? You’re judging people before they’ve had a chance to help and quite frankly rather rudely stating people aren’t intelligent enough to help or at least that’s how it comes across.

It’s people that act like this that makes me wonder why should I help....

I’ve quickly learnt in forums if you act like a end you’re treated like one so this is why I respect others here and on any other forum I frequent.

Why would you apologize? I don’t even know why anyone would reply to the poster.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I never said you where trying to offend, if memory (or just read it) serves, I said a “not so funny funny”, only implying it was not vary funny and it was unnecessary. I in real life treat people vary nicely, I always find a way to put myself in there shoes. But I’m not here to make friends, I “was” here to get answers, the good old “business as usual” but instead I make one comment that offended some people and they act like a bunch of snow flakes, I was rude maybe, but it’s not like I was being down right nasty, cussing people out for being a terrible human being, I only stated that there vary bad at being constructive on this forum. The thing that ticks me off is how little people see this, it may be my... autism/aspergers and it’s innate inability to be able to convey the simplest of thoughts, but everyone treats me like the enemy for a comment of frustration over another comment completely and utterly disregarding the clear lines I tried to set in my first comment to prevent confusion, a thing the other forum was riddled with, can you honestly tell me that if you had spent time, effort, and thought into trying to keep things clean, only to have literally the first comment come in and trash it like a little brother coming into your room and recking the place (and don’t tell me you have no idea what that would be like because of something like your an only child, because if I can get it and be an only child...). But comment whatever you what here at this point, it’s just another mangled chat board. PS the last sentence what bitter, not salty or spicy, I feel I have to mention that do to the lack of tone that gets through one of these things.

First, get things straight, this is a FORUM. If you don’t know what a forum is, please Google it.

You have to be patient to get a correct answer to your question. And if you don’t get it, understand that you need to maybe explain your problem better, or perhaps your tone of asking....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods