Why all the updates in just a short time??

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking about this this afternoon. 3 updates in 3 weeks. And from the little I read about the updates they seem to be fairly small problems being fixed, just my thought though.

Could the reason for the 3 updates be that Apple is finding some "major" problems with iOS 11 in these 3 weeks that are really affecting the iPhone X operation? Maybe they are fine tuning the iOS for the iPhone X.

Just my thoughts.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
One of the benefits of owning Apple products is knowing that they will be well supported, especially in the form of updates. Whether bug fixes, closing loop holes or introducing new features, it is typically across the board....:)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Calls crackling in many iPhones 8’s was a pretty big problem that had to be addressed fast. I knew many that their iPhone 7 screens would randomly become responsive. That had to be addressed fast. Considering there were 10 betas and then a GM with 3 updates to follow quickly, it tells you how bad iOS 11 really was. These were the worst betas I’ve ever seen and I have been doing them since iOS 4. Just glad to see Apple addressing these issues as fast as possible. Even if it means weekly updates.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Seems to me that iOS 11 wasn't ready for prime time but I'm glad to see that Apple is providing quick fixes though.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Updates are good, so I’m not going to complain about them. The betas were sloppy so I’m not surprised they’ve already needed multiple service releases. I’m sure there are also some iPhone X adjustments being baked in as well.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I think that the fact Apple is updating iOS 11 to fix problems that were found quickly is a tribute to their dedication to their customers. I guess you can call me an "Apple Fan Boy" since I have had every iPhone since the 3G except the 3GS, have every iPad since the iPad 1 in our house and I'm on my second iMac.

I had forgotten about the problems with the screen response on the iPhone 6 which I'm seeing on my iPad Pro 9.7. I hope this latest update fixes that problem but I just don't remember 3 updates of iOS in such a short time. Maybe the beta testing program needs to be reviewed and enhanced some how.