SlideOver problem

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My wife has the Mail app over Safari, but now she wants to make it full screen.

She has an iPad Air. The Mail app will slide off the screen but if she then tries to open it up from the dock, it is back in slide-over mode.

We restarted the iPad but that didn’t help.

Also, it seems that with the iPad Air, she can’t do split screen. Is that true?

Thanks.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My wife has the Mail app over Safari, but now she wants to make it full screen.

She has an iPad Air. The Mail app will slide off the screen but if she then tries to open it up from the dock, it is back in slide-over mode.

We restarted the iPad but that didn’t help.

Also, it seems that with the iPad Air, she can’t do split screen. Is that true?

Thanks.

There is a thin line at the top of the mail app after she drops it on the screen. Drag down a bit on that, and the two apps will change to split screen. From there, she can drag the line separating them to close either Mail or Safari (or whichever two apps are on the screen.)

Also, if she drags the Mail icon up on to the screen with Safari full-screen and drags it all of the way to the right, it will start in split-screen rather than slide-over mode.

Yes, the iPad Air and later can split screen.

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207582

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Aha, I missed that fine print "You can use Split View with iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 4." Sorry about that...

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
But, are you saying that if she goes back to the home screen, taps Mail on the dock, it opens Safari with Mail in a slide over window? That doesn't sound right... unfortunately, I only have a Mini 4, so I can't replicate it on my iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2