iOS 11 Battery Life

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
1db679da2f49c5cb127fbb018ce31010.png

There is a glitch that is known, keeping background activity on even when Background App Refresh is all off. It’s not registering correctly.

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
You should give it a day or two to settle.

Settle? You mean an update to fix the glitch?

I understand usage is increased with a new system giving the false sense that battery life is worse. But today I have hardly used my phone at all. Plus it’s registering background activity with that setting off. It’s a known glitch (hopefully by Apple as well) and needs fixed

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170920/1db679da2f49c5cb127fbb018ce31010.png

There is a glitch that is known, keeping background activity on even when Background App Refresh is all off. It’s not registering correctly.
Apps will run in the background, regardless of whether Background App Refresh is on or not. Background App Refresh helps apps run in the background more efficiently, using less resources. Apps need to run in the background so they work as you need them to. You probably have a few apps trying to adjust to iOS 11. Try swiping any suspects out of multitasking, then do a hard reset (reboot).

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Settle? You mean an update to fix the glitch?

I understand usage is increased with a new system giving the false sense that battery life is worse. But today I have hardly used my phone at all. Plus it’s registering background activity with that setting off. It’s a known glitch (hopefully by Apple as well) and needs fixed

After a major upgrade, as I understand it, Spotlight on iOS re-indexes all of the content on your phone in the background, using battery (and making the phone feel laggy.) In my experience, battery life and performance seems to settle down by the next day after I do a major update (or reinstall the device from scratch, or even from a backup.)

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have this (probably wrong) sensation that is draining faster after iOS 11, like the battery % go down faster, but truth is that it still lasts me all day and more with normal or heavy usage. And the stand by/used time is about the same...so it’s just me I guess :-/

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Seem to have the usual battery life
One thing I did notice that was draining a bit of life was that photos upload to iCloud via cellular was turned on by default. Before 11 I had it turned off and didn’t know it had turned it on until today.

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Definitely and issue in iOS 11 with battery.

Unplugged 7 hours ago on 100%, light usage, and I'm on 54%.

I can confidently say that with iOS 10, I'd be on at least 80-85% with the same usage.

No settings have been changed at all.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
As others have said above it could just be the re-indexing that happens at each major update. If you restore your phone to any version (including back to 10) it will rebuild the indexes again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR