Which one is the most important to “you”?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Of the features available on your iPhone, regardless of iOS version, which of the below 5 is the most important to you?

1. The ability to send & receive email
2. The ability to send & receive iMessages/text messages
3. The ability to make and receive phone calls
4. The ability to connect to the internet via Wi-Fi
5. The ability to stream music and video

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Dude, that’s like asking which one of my kids I love the most!

All of them are important to me, especially 1 through 4. I’d say the ability to text/iMessage is probably the most important though.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For me, the most important is the ability to send and receive iMessages/text messages, being that the current trend to be to text rather than to call.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Of the features available on your iPhone, regardless of iOS version, which of the below 5 is the most important to you?

1. The ability to send & receive email
2. The ability to send & receive iMessages/text messages
3. The ability to make and receive phone calls
4. The ability to connect to the internet via Wi-Fi
5. The ability to stream music and video

My order of importance based on the list provided would be as follows;

1. The ability to stream music and video. (5)
2. The ability to make and receive phone calls. (3)
3. The ability to send and receive iMessages/text messages. (2)
4. The ability to send and receive email. (1)
5. The ability to connect to the internet via WiFi. (4)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It's a pretty close call between messages and emails. Phone calls come right behind those two. Five years ago it would have been phone, email and then messages. The way my clients prefer to communicate has changed as I'm sure it has for most people.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a pretty close call between messages and emails. Phone calls come right behind those two. Five years ago it would have been phone, email and then messages. The way my clients prefer to communicate has changed as I'm sure it has for most people.

I hear ya......Now with regard to my occupation, email is definitely be the most important. My inbox is rarely empty. In fact, I have unread email messages in my inbox right now, but I refuse to read them until I get back to the office on Tuesday.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
The ability to send and receive iMessage/text messages would be most important to me since that's my main line of communication with family and friends.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'm still "Old School", my smartphone's most important feature is indeed the phone (#3). Everything else is important as well , but not in any particular order after the phone itself.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm still "Old School", my smartphone's most important feature is indeed the phone (#3). Everything else is important as well , but not in any particular order after the phone itself.

I was ahead of my time because I've always hated calls. Even when I was younger LOL. No need to invade my personal time with mess...I'm so antisocial🤷🏾*♀️

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was ahead of my time because I've always hated calls. Even when I was younger LOL. No need to invade my personal time with mess...I'm so antisocial????????????*♀️

Yeah, I have a lot of elderly family members who insist on hearing my voice. I must admit, for ME, I like hearing the voice of someone I'm communicating with. You can just tell so much better whats going on in a persons life vs reading whats going on. I like hearing the excitement in someones voice, the emotional rollercoaster of life's happy and sad times. Voice communications are more personable. IMO anyway.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya......Now with regard to my occupation, email is definitely be the most important. My inbox is rarely empty. In fact, I have unread email messages in my inbox right now, but I refuse to read them until I get back to the office on Tuesday.

What line of work are you in? I’m the same way, I refuse to reply to work emails or take work calls when I am not working. The exceptions are if my boss calls or texts me, or if the alarm company calls.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What line of work are you in? I’m the same way, I refuse to reply to work emails or take work calls when I am not working. The exceptions are if my boss calls or texts me, or if the alarm company calls.

I’m in the IT industry....