iOS 11 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 Public Beta 2 available

So far, it is working much better than Beta 1. Keyboard typing is free from errors. Battery also seems to be better and more stable. However, some problems still;
1. Smart Invert still showing invert pics for third party apps like Twitter, FB and WhatsApp etc.
2. Some apps are still crashing like CamCard, Camscanner etc.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Some nice bug fixes in this one. News widget is back and is working well. Weather widget is now showing location. Swiping up to close apps in the app draw is working well now. Overall much smoother and less clunky compared to beta 1.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Battery life actually got worse for me. Battery dropped 23% in two hours without using the phone (just sitting on my desk after taking t off the charger). Decided to do a clean install and start over. We'll see how that goes.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

For the love of God, how do you remove the music app from the lock screen? The only way to remove it for me is to reboot the device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

For the love of God, how do you remove the music app from the lock screen? The only way to remove it for me is to reboot the device.

Login to your home screen, double tap the home button, locate and swipe up to close out the music app. Now it should be removed from the lock screen.

SandersJC1964

May 3, 2016
Visit site

Battery life actually got worse for me. Battery dropped 23% in two hours without using the phone (just sitting on my desk after taking t off the charger). Decided to do a clean install and start over. We'll see how that goes.
Yeah, stability-wise it's a noticeable improvement, but my battery life has definitely taken a hit. I am going to give it a couple more days to settle out before I make a final call on the battery.

sircraig2000

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

Wow what a difference a beta makes! The lag and stuttering has pretty much disappeared and battery life is outstanding on my iPhone 6.

Ric_D

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I only used the first beta for two days on my brand new iPad Pro 10.5, so I was hesitant to try this one. I’m glad that I did – it’s a huge improvement. The screen stutter when swiping the home screen is gone and my Safari ad blocker, Wipr, is working now. Yay!

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

I was waiting for beta 2 and finally did it. But now nothing works unless I’m in wifi??? Non iMessages aren’t sending out or coming in. Can’t make calls. Nothing. Is there a setting that may have defaulted to cause this!?!

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Downloaded it to my iPhone 5S, but didn't installed yet.
Installed iOS11 beta1, and next day returned to iOS10.
Really want install it but I'm waiting more positive feedback...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Downloaded it to my iPhone 5S, but didn't installed yet.
Installed iOS11 beta1, and next day returned to iOS10.
Really want install it but I'm waiting more positive feedback...

It's still fairly early in the beta process and still a lot of issues. If your concerned, then don't load it.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone have the News widget available on their iPad? I have it on my SE running beta 2, but it’s not showing up on my iPad mini 4.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I take it the long press and drag on left side of the screen doesn't open the App Switcher? Have to double press the home button?

Yup. They removed the Force Touch of the left side of the screen.
Double pressing the Home Button is once again the only way to go.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Wow what a difference a beta makes! The lag and stuttering has pretty much disappeared and battery life is outstanding on my iPhone 6.

Interesting. My battery life seems worse than with the first public beta, but the performance has improved. Since I have a battery case on my iPhone 7, it isn’t a big problem for me at this point.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I’m definitely noticing a decrease in battery life on my 10.5 pro compared to beta 1. In fact I’m losing a percent every 2 minutes or so just light web browsing on 25% brightness and after a fresh reboot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro