iOS 11 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 Public Beta 2 available

I had problems with updates on my 6s and iPad mini 4. But eventually i got them to work but it took a workaround

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Lost ability to set Night Shift to the automatic sunrise/sunset option.

I can only Set to scheduled on/off. Not able to set scheduled time when scheduled toggled on.

Feedback submitted.

Thanks to a not to mention friend from here, I, too, have this problem.

He mentioned it and I wanted to check it out for him.
Wish I didn’t

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Thanks to a not to mention friend from here, I, too, have this problem.

He mentioned it and I wanted to check it out for him.
Wish I didn’t

Sorry... I've tried many things to resolve. Hope something in the next update fixes it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

iPad Pro iOS 11 bug.jpg

Sheesh. Yea I've got a handful of various bugs I've experienced. Here is the latest. Tried a restart and it cleared it once. Doing it again now. Anyone else noticing this? I submitted a bug report.

Bigchris

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm starting to suffer severe battery issues too. And now starting to have problems accessing my photo's too. Never had that problem before.

When I go into my pics, it freezes and reboots.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else had camera bug? Every now and then whether in default camera app, snapchat, Instagram the camera is totally black.

In Beta 1 I had to restart to get access to the camera again, in beta 2 it seems resolved by closing an camera related app.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Q: Is there any way to use the Apple Pencil on an iPhone with iOS 11? For marking up PDF files, instead of using your finger? If not, will there ever be?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iOS 11 Public Beta 2 available

Q: Is there any way to use the Apple Pencil on an iPhone with iOS 11? For marking up PDF files, instead of using your finger? If not, will there ever be?

What @Garz said, but adding the caveat that it can’t be done with any current model of iPhone. This doesn’t mean that Apple won’t add Apple Pencil support to future models.

You could always use a stylus. While arguably not as accurate or responsive as Apple Pencil, it’s still better than using your finger.

Last edited:

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site

I would love that same enhancement. It would come in handy for signing documents as well.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, @Garz and Rob. I sort of figured as much, but since the iPhone would recognize the Pencil and show it in Settings when the Pencil was plugged into the phone, I thought maybe there was a way. I do have a stylus somewhere, and will try it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

My brother was running the public beta on his main device. He was charging his phone two days ago and the phone reset while it was charging. After the reset it wouldn't come back on. It would boot to the Recovery screen. After several restore attempts he had to take it to the Apple store. The reps were pretty adamant on NOT running the iOS 11 beta. It was pretty interesting to hear how they spoke so against it. Not sure if that's indicative of anything. But obviously we all know it's not best to run a beta on a device you depend on. But they seemed pretty strongly about it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

My brother was running the public beta on his main device. He was charging his phone two days ago and the phone reset while it was charging. After the reset it wouldn't come back on. It would boot to the Recovery screen. After several restore attempts he had to take it to the Apple store. The reps were pretty adamant on NOT running the iOS 11 beta. It was pretty interesting to hear how they spoke so against it. Not sure if that's indicative of anything. But obviously we all know it's not best to run a beta on a device you depend on. But they seemed pretty strongly about it.

It’s understandable. I wouldn’t want the non-tech Savvy masses to install a beta operating system and deal with their venom when their favorite apps stop working or fail to work properly. They wouldn’t care that the developers of needed to update them, and they would only blame Apple for causing the problems.

aeq

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else had camera bug? Every now and then whether in default camera app, snapchat, Instagram the camera is totally black.

In Beta 1 I had to restart to get access to the camera again, in beta 2 it seems resolved by closing an camera related app.

SAME. ugh. Really ruins my quick camera access! It will also freeze often when I swap between rear and front facing.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I had mine do that the other day (froze, then restarted to the "connect to iTunes" screen) -- had to restore it with an IPSW. Been ok since, but this beta does stink. Bring on the next update!

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Freak out time! Out of no where I was texting and went to attach a photo and they are all gone!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73