iOS 11 Dev Beta 3 is now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I think the “swipe up to view earlier notifications” is getting ironed out and will return in the next beta/final release? To view notifications on the lock screen (after actually locking it) if you swipe up in the middle of the screen like previously it brings up all notifications. It doesn’t have the text like before to inform you but works just the same. Anyone confirm?

Also, I’m still not understanding “press home to unlock”. If you just rest your finger on Touch ID like before it “unlocks” then asks you to press home to open BUT if you just rest your finger then click a notification it jumps right into the phone.

Sorry if this has been brought up earlier

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
To those who were having VPN-related issues, has Dev Beta 3 fixed the problem for you?

My opera VPN issues have resolved themselves. It's rubbing very slow but t connects. I downloaded a second VPN to use that's quicker. Although I'm on the public beta you guys in the dev forum are quicker to answer.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I found out today from Apple that this feature will be greyed out and disabled. Unable to toggle if “Two-Factor” authentication is not setup yet.
6d7f6efae3b71e03187c10b5a2ff6699.jpg

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I found out today from Apple that this feature will be greyed out and disabled. Unable to toggle if “Two-Factor” authentication is not setup yet.

Makes sense, but it would be nice to see some explanation in the settings regarding the need for the two factor authentication to enable.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Takari

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To those of you who use text replacement shortcuts, check the settings to see if your items are still listed. If not, try to create a shortcut and see if you’re successful or not. Thanks.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok now that I'm off call I may seriously think about installing the beta tonight. I can't imagine that it's that hard right? I've rooted/Rommed android phones. Dual booted windows/Linux in the past. Should be easier than those I would think?

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok now that I'm off call I may seriously think about installing the beta tonight. I can't imagine that it's that hard right? I've rooted/Rommed android phones. Dual booted windows/Linux in the past. Should be easier than those I would think?

I've done a few Apple betas. Very easy. Sign up for the beta, install the beta profile from the website on your device, reboot, and the beta starts downloading.

The trickier part is if you want to go back to the stable release. That takes more steps.

Also, don't forget to make an encrypted backup on your PC before starting, just in case you want to roll back.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've done a few Apple betas. Very easy. Sign up for the beta, install the beta profile from the website on your device, reboot, and the beta starts downloading.

The trickier part is if you want to go back to the stable release. That takes more steps.

Also, don't forget to make an encrypted backup on your PC before starting, just in case you want to roll back.

Thank you I will definitely look into it tonight.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Also, I've always stuck with the public betas, myself. No cost, unlike the developer program, and usually a *touch* more stable.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Also, I've always stuck with the public betas, myself. No cost, unlike the developer program, and usually a *touch* more stable.

That would be perception. The public and developer builds are the exact same build number. In this case it’s developer beta 3 and public beta 2 for iOS 11, but they are the exact same build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative