iOS 11 Dev Beta 3 is now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not been able to get it to update.
I am restoring the watch as we speak and will try it again.

I’ll let you know in this thread about my progress.

It took me a couple of tries last night, but I got it installed. It seems to be fine, but it’s still on the charger in night stand mode. After I get cleaned up, I’ll put it on and see how things go. I don’t expect any issues.

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
It took me a couple of tries last night, but I got it installed. It seems to be fine, but it’s still on the charger in night stand mode. After I get cleaned up, I’ll put it on and see how things go. I don’t expect any issues.

Do you feel it is stable enough to install at this point?

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Update:

WatchOS 4 beta 3 is installed on my watch and all seems to be ok. Barely any lag and all functions are working. I just need to watch battery life now and see how that goes.

jdesignz

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I think App switcher bug has been fixed yet my Moto 360 isn't getting any notifications sometimes. Oh well, that's a start keep 'em coming

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is installing now to my series 2 Apple Watch. Thankfully I have went through the whole process without any issues. It’s about 60% installed to the watch currently.

I enjoy using my Watch a great deal, but the one thing I dislike is upgrading its firmware. It takes too long, in my opinion.

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I enjoy using my Watch a great deal, but the one thing I dislike is upgrading its firmware. It takes too long, in my opinion.

You are right about that. The process took about 1 hour to complete. So far it seems to be doing ok. I will see how it goes tomorrow at work when I have it off the charger for 12+ hours.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Great observations and thank you for keeping us updated. Are you going to make a Genius Bar appointment soon?

I Called Apple Support and it arranged for me to pick up a replacement from the local Apple Store. In my rush to get out of the store, I didn’t think to yank the SIM card from my old iPad, so I have to go to Verizon for a new one tomorrow. But iOS 11 beta 3 is running on the new iPad, and seems pretty solid so far.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I feel your pain. At home with 500+mbps download even a 2GB iOS update take 2-3 minutes and a watchOS update of 100mb takes 10-15 minutes. It’s ridiculous. That’s just the download, that’s not including install time.

lemagician

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Anyone with watch os 4 beta 3 having issues with heart rate only calculating when asked to do so? Mine used to calculate throughout the day but not on the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice