iOS 11 Dev Beta 3 is now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I don’t know what the issue was this evening. Going to start fresh tomorrow and keep an eye on how quickly it drains.
I always want to start fresh but setting back up and pairing the watch I just don't have the time or patience for.

chefjayhawk

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So far my battery life seems a touch better than beta 2. Both on my phone and 9.7 Pro. Definitely smoother, with a lot of bugs fixed. Still loving it. I can deal with battery life. I always have it plugged in or extra battery around.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
So far my battery life seems a touch better than beta 2. Both on my phone and 9.7 Pro. Definitely smoother, with a lot of bugs fixed. Still loving it. I can deal with battery life. I always have it plugged in or extra battery around.

Yeah, so far I’ve noticed it’s a lot smoother. In the previous betas though, it would eventually get a little janky. So we shall seee.

chefjayhawk

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed on the iPad Pro 9.7, when you tap the Apple Pencil on the lock screen, it opens Notes but immediately crashes. So I hope they notice that and fix it. Was really looking forward to using that feature more.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Still seeing lag in the iMessage app. When typing and the cursor goes to a new line, there is about a second delay before it drops to the new line.

Also when touching the send button, there is a delay of about a second before you hear the send sound and see the bubble.

Otherwise, things seem smoother.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I decided to spend my night and start fresh and restore. It didn’t solve any of the issues I was having. Oh well.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ooh, my Bluetooth issues seem to be fixed. I noticed I was listening to music with my BeatsX just fine with my phone at 27%. So far I haven’t had any issues with A/V transferring either. Smart Invert is getting a little bit better, but still no dark mode.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Installed on my iPad 10.5 a a few hours ago, no problems so far, too early to tell on battery life and general stability. Ever so tempted to install on my iPhone 7+ after a few days of reading other peoples findings.

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I read in review that Smart Invert is working throughout the OS correctly in this beta 3. Whether users have similar experience?

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I couldn’t help myself, iPhone 7+, iPad Pro 10.5” and iPad pro 12.9” all upgraded and doing fine so far, at least this year I was able to wait until the 3rd beta for my iPhone.

Smart Invert has proven quite useful, especially for late night reading (not great for the eyes mind you), not sure of any specific improvement with Beta 3, however if I had to make a call it does look different (and better), images are still inverted.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To those who were having VPN-related issues, has Dev Beta 3 fixed the problem for you?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So far it seems rock solid on my 7. Battery life has been good after using it most of yesterday afternoon and later in the night.

IMessage stickers issue fixed for me where I couldn’t get rid of the apps in beta 2, I can now.

I’ll use it a full day today and see how battery life goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods