iOS 11 Getting More Buggy & Unstable with Regular Use

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that iOS 11 Beta 2 is becoming more buggy the more you use it, so far I am finding the following major bugs;

1. Dock not disappearing in apps (always remains on top until I reboot)
2. Pressing on notifications does not always bring up any options, just does nothing
3. News app randomly closes
4. When playing music or other audio the lock screen widget does not always show up or cover art come and goes at random
5. Device sometimes freezing when switched on after a period of non-use

I am just finding its becoming more unstable with use; is anyone else finding this is the case?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry you’re experiencing these issues @NeilWhitear. It’s been operating really well for me even before I did a clean install. Maybe give that a try even though it might be a pain. There’s always the option to revert back to iOS 10.3.X.

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Its a strange one, I am finding my 7 Plus much more stable than up 9.7 Pro; I might give it a clean install over the weekend.

I don't know about you @mumfoau but I am really liking iOS 11, especially on the iPad from a productivity point of view.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
iOS 11 Getting More Buggy & Unstable with Regular Use

It’s as fast and reliable as a public release, on both my iPhone and iPad.
I have no idea what went wrong on your end. But then again, it’s still just in Beta.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I've also noticed a few of the things you've mentioned on my 6s. And sometimes when I have an app open (any app) and I hit the Home button to close it out, it gets stuck there. I have to hit the power button and then go back in to the phone like normal. These bugs are persistent through factory resets without restoring from backup. I've been reporting my findings via the Feedback app.

I do not see these same bugs on my 9.7" iPad 2017.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that iOS 11 Beta 2 is becoming more buggy the more you use it, so far I am finding the following major bugs;

1. Dock not disappearing in apps (always remains on top until I reboot)
2. Pressing on notifications does not always bring up any options, just does nothing
3. News app randomly closes
4. When playing music or other audio the lock screen widget does not always show up or cover art come and goes at random
5. Device sometimes freezing when switched on after a period of non-use

I am just finding its becoming more unstable with use; is anyone else finding this is the case?

It is a beta so those are kind of expected. Have you filed feedback with the feedback app? Hopefully some of those issues get fixed with the next beta.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Its a strange one, I am finding my 7 Plus much more stable than up 9.7 Pro; I might give it a clean install over the weekend.

I don't know about you @mumfoau but I am really liking iOS 11, especially on the iPad from a productivity point of view.

My pro also seemed to be slower with IOS 11. It cant be the hardware can't handle it because the 9.7" has plenty of hardware to run it.

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I feel the same way... a visible performance degradation with use and new bugs that were not there when first installed are showing up everyday. Looking forward for Beta 3.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that iOS 11 Beta 2 is becoming more buggy the more you use it, ...

Thankfully, that has not been my experience. I still have a glitch here and there, but that’s about it. Dev Beta 2 has been great for me, overall

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, the next Dev Beta drops this week and resolve many of the issues people are having.

anon(4765705)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
11.0.PB2 on iPhone 6as.

Trying to do anything in safari behind the opera vpn is impossible. It is so slow. I give up before the bar is 1/3 across. (Same for iPad Air 2.)

In normal safari, and in the recents list in the phone app, the lists are unstable, jumping up and down, that one goes to tap something and before hitting it the screen moves and wrong thing is tapped.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site

That was the same issue I was having, I haven't download it on my 7 Plus but I did download it on my iPad Pro 9.7 and noticed that it seemed to less stable than it was on my friends 7 Plus. At first it was smooth than it started to stutter a lot for some reason.

caffbev86

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
I tried the beta on my iPad Pro, and it was nice except that I couldn't download anything from the App Store, and the dock would freeze to where nothing could be clicked on it. The worst thing was trying to go back to iOS 10.3.2., because I got caught in a recovery mode loop. Thankfully a quick google search got me out of it, and I'll be letting other people be guinea pigs from now on.

Last edited:

segalink

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
I've also noticed a few of the things you've mentioned on my 6s. And sometimes when I have an app open (any app) and I hit the Home button to close it out, it gets stuck there. I have to hit the power button and then go back in to the phone like normal. These bugs are persistent through factory resets without restoring from backup. I've been reporting my findings via the Feedback app.

I do not see these same bugs on my 9.7" iPad 2017.

I have the same issue with my iPhone 6s as above, which is becoming more than frustrating now. My iPad Pro 9.7 is better off though clicking a link on Twitter or browsing via Safari is a nightmare. It doesn't load at all. I deleted the Profile thinking it will be better but the same problem persists. Now I can't even download profile again since Safari is stuck. so My iPhone 6s is a mess right now. Going off and on as it pleases. When will an update be available? Any one?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2