What do you hate about iOS?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: what you hate in the iOS ?

no drag and drop. i would love that i can drop movies on my iPhone and play them from the file system

Install iCloud on your windows computer if you don’t have already, then simply drag and drop the movie to your iCloud Drive and you have what you wished for.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

LED is not software. That would be "Hardware"

There is however a flash signal option that you can choose with in iOS. But it's per notification, and not constant flash.

A few things:

1. no LED notification light.
2. Fairly rudimentary keyboard. Although it works well, they should use the long press feature to insert an upper case letter.
3. Rather poor call quality compared to prior blackberry phones.

nogutsnoglory

May 6, 2013
Visit site

LED is not software. That would be "Hardware"

There is however a flash signal option that you can choose with in iOS. But it's per notification, and not constant flash.

Ok that is right about the notification LED but I still wish they had it.

As for the flash notification I absolutely hate it. Would never use it and honestly I am shocked that Apple included it as past of the iPhone.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Can't hate something that may help people out. It's in accessibility for hearing impaired.
Ok that is right about the notification LED but I still wish they had it.

As for the flash notification I absolutely hate it. Would never use it and honestly I am shocked that Apple included it as past of the iPhone.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: What do you hate about iOS ?

I hate that they refuse to add an icon by the battery icon for Silent mode.

I hate everything about the new notification pulldown screen; that they removed swiping away notifications, and that they refuse to bring back sorting notifications by app.

It's listed under Accessibility for a reason.
"Accessibility refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people who experience disabilities."

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

I hate that they refuse to add an icon by the battery icon for Silent mode.

I hate everything about the new notification pulldown screen; that they removed swiping away notifications, and that they refuse to bring back sorting notifications by app.

It's listed under Accessibility for a reason.

Those are important features. Maybe the reduction in notification features/functionality is a temporary thing in the beta release?

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Coming from Windows Phone 950xl, I bought the iPhone 7+. I use Office 2016 version of Outlook. I mistakenly agreed to let iCloud to become my contact and calendar provider. Instead of moving a copy of my Outlook calendar and contacts to IOS, it moved all the data from Outlook. Now, I have to enter my new contacts and calendar into IOS because it's no longer resident in Outlook. I also have a Nexus 6P and use Akruto to sync the Outlook data but can't now, no data in Outlook. Why not just make a copy of Outlook data instead of wiping from Outlook. Grrrrrrrrr.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Coming from Windows Phone 950xl, I bought the iPhone 7+. I use Office 2016 version of Outlook. I mistakenly agreed to let iCloud to become my contact and calendar provider. Instead of moving a copy of my Outlook calendar and contacts to IOS, it moved all the data from Outlook. Now, I have to enter my new contacts and calendar into IOS because it's no longer resident in Outlook. I also have a Nexus 6P and use Akruto to sync the Outlook data but can't now, no data in Outlook. Why not just make a copy of Outlook data instead of wiping from Outlook. Grrrrrrrrr.

I don’t know what went wrong and am sorry to hear you lost all your contacts and calendar entries. But I have a feeling it was an oversight on user side

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I don’t know what went wrong and am sorry to hear you lost all your contacts and calendar entries. But I have a feeling it was an oversight on user side

I agree that it was a probable cockpit problem. The calendar and contacts are in iOS so they aren't lost just not in Outlook. Is there a way to export them back to Outlook for the?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

My dislike/hate list goes on and on. Similar to when I had the 5s and the iPhone 6 was released, it had to grow on me before I pulled the trigger. Apple products are probably the best for ME and the way I like to use my devices, so I'm going to have to see iOS 11 sooner or later if I decide to update/upgrade my iPhone

Humm, now that the title has been changed, this can be a little misleading.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I agree that it was a probable cockpit problem. The calendar and contacts are in iOS so they aren't lost just not in Outlook. Is there a way to export them back to Outlook for the?

Yes, simply install iCloud for Windows on your computer and set it up to work with Outlook.

Here is some extra information from our sister forum: http://m.windowscentral.com/how-set-up-icloud-windows-10

knightayres

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site

iOS 10 was great. It has a good control panel that looked stylish. Had good battery life all apps work with it. But iOS 11 is ugly. It's control panel is bulky and the wifi toggle doesn't turn it completely off anymore, it just disconnects from the network. Only 32 bit apps work now. The Notification Center looks exactly like the lock screen which is vey confusing. The new App Store is horrible, putting advertisements on the home screen and games and apps separate. Android is looking much better to me compared to this mess

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

what you hate in the iOS ?

A few things:

-notifications are sloppy. I shouldn't have to hunt through 50 Instagram notifications to get to one iMessage notification. They should group them by app instead of just letting them pile up.

-I don't like that after 11 iOS versions I still have to align every app to the grid. It's boring. I want more customization.

-No themes :(

-i wish iPhone had multi window apps like Android

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

Notifications are pretty bad in iOS. Little icons at the top of the screen would be a big improvement.

Related to this, the bar at the top of the screen is mostly wasted space, especially on an iPad.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

iTunes! The worst software I have used this decade. Why on earth do we have to use this piece of **** to copy files to and from iOS devices? Every other mobile OS lets you copy directly.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

iTunes! The worst software I have used this decade. Why on earth do we have to use this piece of **** to copy files to and from iOS devices? Every other mobile OS lets you copy directly.

I move a lot of files from and to my
iPhone from and to my computer and haven’t used iTunes in over 3 years to do so.
With cloud services like iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Box and Dropbox there isn’t really need to use iTunes, too.

If you’re talking about ringtones, text tones and such, it is what it is, but for all other purposes iTunes isn’t necessary.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

I move a lot of files from and to my
iPhone from and to my computer and haven’t used iTunes in over 3 years to do so.
With cloud services like iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Box and Dropbox there isn’t really need to use iTunes, too.

If you’re talking about ringtones, text tones and such, it is what it is, but for all other purposes iTunes isn’t necessary.

Dropbox etc is OK for a few small files, but it's not an option for e.g. importing a significant number of images and it's very awkward for large video files.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods