What would you like to see Apple copy from Android

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Picture in picture! I’ve been waiting a hundred years for picture in picture or at least split screen for the largest iPhone model. I feel like it’s never gonna happen. Maybe they don’t wanna cannibalize their iPad sales who knows. I keep running back to android for this and I finally got sick of switching platforms and decided to simply be happy using theses capabilities on my iPad. But I’ve been waiting a very long time for these features to come to iPhone. You think the day will ever come?

Some apps already do have picture in picture, such as Facebook.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Not so much an android feature but the way Samsung pay allows you to access the cards. It’d be nice to have a swipe up feature for Apple Pay.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Mainly more customisation. Being able to customise your own home screen with widgets, Easier multitasking (split screen) and being able to change default apps would be great.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Default Apps
Emulators
Incoming Call Screen
Always On Display
Reboot Option
APK Downloads
DPI Support
Better Third Party Keyboard Support

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I’m for all but APK. That just asking for dumb stuff.

Yeah, that is true. If there were a site that was trusted sorta like apkmirror.com. Which is ran by a trusted android news outlet. I’d be cool with it then. On the flip side, it still leaves open a lot more sites people would download from.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
The Play Store shows your library of apps. The App Store doesn't really. It'd be nice to tap in a tab and see everything in my account.

Jun 3, 2023
Visit site
  1. Customization Options: Android offers a higher level of customization compared to iOS. Some users appreciate the ability to personalize their home screens, change default apps, and customize the overall look and feel of their device.
  2. Default App Selection: Android allows users to set their preferred default apps for various tasks, such as web browsing, email, or mapping. Apple's iOS, on the other hand, generally restricts users to using Apple's own apps as defaults.
  3. File Management: Android provides a more open file system, allowing users to access and manage files more freely. Some users would appreciate a similar level of file management capabilities on iOS.
  4. Split-Screen Multitasking: Android devices have supported split-screen multitasking for a while, allowing users to run multiple apps simultaneously on the screen. This feature could be useful for enhancing productivity on larger iOS devices like iPads.
  5. Expanded NFC Usage: Android devices often have broader NFC (Near Field Communication) capabilities, allowing users to do more with NFC, such as using it for quick file sharing or mobile payments without relying solely on Apple Pay.
It's worth noting that Apple continuously improves its operating systems based on user feedback and its own vision, and it often adds new features and enhancements with each iOS update. While some features may be influenced by the competition, Apple typically focuses on creating its own unique user experience.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
On item 2 on your list, Apple already allows changing the default web browser and email client to a third-party application. For the rest, further expansion could be interesting.

I’m not sure about what item 3 even means. As far as I know, we already have file system access on iOS/iPadOS through the Files.app.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods