What would you like to see Apple copy from Android

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Ability to install things Apple doesn't approve of, like a section for apps that Apple vetted are clean of malware, but don't mesh with Apple's ideology. Also the ability to have blank spaces on the homescreen without having to enter blank save on homescreen things.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ability to place app icons where I want rather than be forced to a grid that starts in the upper left corner of the homescreen. Stupid really since that is the furthest reach away when using a large screen device with your right hand.

Totally agree along with a real dark mode and weather on the lock screen.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I feel like weather on the lock screen will be in the next OS, since it’s something they implemented with the Bedtime feature.

That would be nice but I’d also like to see a live updating icon for the current location. Just the temperature will be enough for now, if weather conditions would prove to be too hard to implement.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That would be nice but I’d also like to see a live updating icon for the current location. Just the temperature will be enough for now, if weather conditions would prove to be too hard to implement.

Maybe I'm being greedy but I'd like an updating weather icon too. :biggrin:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
How easy to make ringtones from your own music. Too much of a hassle on iPhone so I just use their ringtones.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I would still like to see Notification Center improves to be on par with android. The ability to delete and respond to emails without having to go into the app. Better summaries of app notifications so the list isn’t 20 pages long. IOS is still way behind android from this aspect.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I would still like to see Notification Center improves to be on par with android. The ability to delete and respond to emails without having to go into the app. Better summaries of app notifications so the list isn’t 20 pages long. IOS is still way behind android from this aspect.

I like the notifications center suggestion. It could be improved.
I am liking the improvements they’ve made to Reminders!

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
For me, notifications is one element Apple needs to fix as soon as possible. Every single time I leave my iPhone at home and pick my Android, I can realize how better Abdroid notifications is. For me, it's something like day and night...

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Customization. The fact that the home screen hasn’t changed at all since creation tends to make others bored enough to switch to Android from time to time. Including myself.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
More customisation options (e.g ability to change default apps, numbers on the top of the keyboard, widgets and more options on the quick setting tab you can pull down.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Simplicity of making ringtones from your own music. It’s a hassle on Apple so I don’t bother. I can do it. That’s not the issue. Just prefer how Android has it

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
There has been quite a bit added to iOS 13. Not as much as Android of course but at least it’s something.

https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-13-preview/features/#mn_p

Looking forward most to iPadOS. Some actual computer-like software for my iPad Pro would be great. For someone who doesn’t use many of the laptop’s unique features a tablet with a keyboard and good processor is all I need.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Looking forward most to iPadOS. Some actual computer-like software for my iPad Pro would be great. For someone who doesn’t use many of the laptop’s unique features a tablet with a keyboard and good processor is all I need.

Agree. I use my iPad Pro 90% of the time.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Agree. I use my iPad Pro 90% of the time.

Do you have a Smart Keyboard? I have one and find it slightly unreliable. It will work 80% of the time, but 20% of the time it won’t respond to my typing and I have to disconnect then reconnect it for it to work

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Picture in picture! I’ve been waiting a hundred years for picture in picture or at least split screen for the largest iPhone model. I feel like it’s never gonna happen. Maybe they don’t wanna cannibalize their iPad sales who knows. I keep running back to android for this and I finally got sick of switching platforms and decided to simply be happy using theses capabilities on my iPad. But I’ve been waiting a very long time for these features to come to iPhone. You think the day will ever come?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2