What would you like to see Apple copy from Android

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
For me, it's a out of sight, Out of mind kind of thing. For instance, I don't need to see an adblocker on my home screen. Think of an app drawer as a hidden folder.

Thanks for the explanation. For me it’s an extra step, which I don’t like.
For each his own, though. Maybe Apple will find a way to implement in their own authentic way.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The ability to put icons anywhere you want on your home screen rather than being forced into a grid from top down, left to right.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
A multi color LED notification light so I can know whats going on without touching the phone and a Dark Mode. Lets face it, Apple finally figured out that gestures are awesome so why not take a few other great ideas

ozdezignr

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
Flick type words like Blackberry.... and something like Blend for email and text so I don't have to pick up my phone unless it rings ( don't bother telling me what you have now, I've seen them all, and yes I have the watch)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
More than ever. I would like to see A REAL Dark Theme, the Weather on the Locked Screen and a Toggle on/off switch for the Shaded Home Screen dock.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ability to place app icons where I want rather than be forced to a grid that starts in the upper left corner of the homescreen. Stupid really since that is the furthest reach away when using a large screen device with your right hand.

KarlieL

Sep 28, 2018
Visit site
Uninstall app from Settings and App Store.

App Store sorted by last used, size, etc. whole app is a mess.

Apps don’t need to be on desktop or folder.

The Widgets page -?I have apps that aren’t eligible and others show.

No Dock. Or show last 4-6 apps used there.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It compares very well. Although the iPhone X screen isn’t as saturated or as sharp in terms of colors. A 2K screen is very noticeable once you’ve seen one in person.
Samsung defaults to Adaptive Display. Change to Basic (sRGB) and the colors and saturation is normal and looks pretty much like an iPhone.

The biggest issue I have with Apple's screens is the size overestimation. Because of the notch, the screen is effectively smaller than advertised. This is very noticeable on he XS, which has less total screen surface area than an 8 Plus.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Dark mode.
The auto arrange of the homescreen is fine with me. I would like to see an option to have it auto sort alphabetically added, and have that option apply to folders as well. Right now I do that manually, and for me it makes it far quicker to access the app that I am looking for. Spotlight search works as well, if I forget what folder I place a certain app in, which happens from time to time. My memory isnt the greatest, lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2