What would you like to see Apple copy from Android

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Fanboy? Nah. I’m just a guy who has used a plethora of wireless phones dating back to 1989. Phones from Blackberry, Palm, Nextel, Ericsson, Nokia, Android and Apple are just ‘some’ of the ones I’ve owned. With that in mind, I’ve come to appreciate the quality of the iPhone and the simplicity and smoothness of iOS. It fits ‘me’ perfectly, and thus the reason I will stick with it, but that’s Just Me, D....

Love that signature nickname hahaha, pure brilliance.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Fanboy? Nah. I’m just a guy who has used a plethora of wireless phones dating back to 1989. Phones from Blackberry, Palm, Nextel, Ericsson, Nokia, Android and Apple are just ‘some’ of the ones I’ve owned. With that in mind, I’ve come to appreciate the quality of the iPhone and the simplicity and smoothness of iOS. It fits ‘me’ perfectly, and thus the reason I will stick with it, but that’s Just Me, D....

I have never used an Android device. Fanboy? No, Apple and thus, iPhone offers me everything I need and want. So I don’t have any earthly clue as to what I’d want to see from android in iOS.
I agree with D. here.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have never used an Android device. Fanboy? No, Apple and thus, iPhone offers me everything I need and want. So I don’t have any earthly clue as to what I’d want to see from android in iOS.
I agree with D. here.

I agree with both of you. It's so simple and it just works.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
There are a couple of things I would like for Apple to change without changing the Apple concept of their iOS.
1. Dark Theme
2. Different Icon packs
3. Lock screen customization
4. iMessage colors
5. No shaded bottom dock on the home screen

In addition to this list;

App Drawer
Widgets on Homescreen

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

OK, lets see if we can go a little deeper than that just for fun.

Isn't the main thing that draws most people to Android customization? While a lot of these things may be nice, I don't think Apple is focused on them. The iPhone would lose its simplicity and efficiency.

Nothing wrong with wishing for something though, you never know.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Where all your apps are. Think of it like a menu bar. You can then choose the apps you want to be on your homescreen, it then saves up a lot of space for widgets

It's a drawer where all of your app icons stay. Other than the bottom dock, you would have the option of keeping all icons off of your homescreen. This is my personal preference; weather widget and dock being the only two things on my homescreen.

God, that’s awful. The homescreen is an appdrawer in itself on iOS. I, personally, wouldn’t want it any different,

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
OK, lets see if we can go a little deeper than that just for fun.

Isn't the main thing that draws most people to Android customization? While a lot of these things may be nice, I don't think Apple is focused on them. The iPhone would lose its simplicity and efficiency.

Nothing wrong with wishing for something though, you never know.

I've only recently came from Android. Every Android that I've ever owned has been rooted and completely customized for performance and looks. I gave those up for an OS with better security and more updates (a lot of other things too). I am completely happy with iOS, but there are a few things I do dream about having. They're not features that I want bad enough to ditch my iPhone over though. I don't foresee myself ever, ever, ever going back to Android. I wouldn't call a screen cluttered with icons simplistic though. :)

God, that’s awful. The homescreen is an appdrawer in itself on iOS. I, personally, wouldn’t want it any different,

I would. I don't know what's worse, all the clutter or app folders. Why bother having a pretty wallpaper if it's all covered with icons. I keep my dual monitors for my gaming rig and my laptop completely free of icons. Coming from Android, I really had to get use to all the icons cluttering up my screen. I just like things a lot more tidy and clean.

For me, it all boils down to being offered more choices. Choices are good. ;)

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I only used a form of Android (BlackBerry DTEK60) for 30 days which I didn't care for and ended up selling it before coming to Apple. So I'm not super familiar with all the customizations available on Android devices in general but I'd kill for a dark mode says this former BlackBerry girl who misses her dark theme from her glory days on a BlackBerry :crying:

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Option to:
1. Set default apps beyond the native ones offered in iOS, and be able to use the app(s) I chose all the time (not have the native iOS app interfere).
2. Place icons on screen where I want them.
3. Set Notifications to be grouped by app.
4. Set Notification bar/menu capabilities/features like Android.
5. Use app with widget capabilities on home screen(s).

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I would like to make my home screen the way I want it. I would like to see music downloading as easy as on Android...that is the one thing that is better on Android

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
USB-C
2K OLED display

I do like the new iPhone X screen and its higher pixel density. Though I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 2K OLED screen yet. Does the iPhone X screen compare well to the OLED screens of Android phones or can you still notice the higher pixel density in Android phones?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I would like to make my home screen the way I want it. I would like to see music downloading as easy as on Android...that is the one thing that is better on Android

I find myself using multiple devices to get music on my iOS devices, having to download a song to my computer and then adding it to iTunes and then adding it to iCloud Music Library to have a song I downloaded from the web appear on my iPad. If I could use just the iPad for all of this that would be better, because right now it feels like I’m jumping through hoops to get music that it not available on Apple Music

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Trusted devices and locations would be awesome.
Having the ability to choose my own default apps would be great.
The ability to manage my own files and downloads from any and all sources would be great.
A dark theme would be cool.

Those are the main ones that, in my opinion, would really take iOS to the next level. Kind of silly how we don't have some of those already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner