What would you like to see Apple copy from Android

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Both systems are great, but both need competition from each other to grow and get better.

What would like to see Apple implement that is already on Android? What are your favorite features on Android that you wish your iOS device could do?

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Similar notifications would be good. I think notifications are much better on android. I'd like to be able to use split screen on my 7+ as well.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, Android is open source, and Apple does give credit for parts they use. There isn't much from Android I would like to see Apple take advantage of that they haven't already.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There are a couple of things I would like for Apple to change without changing the Apple concept of their iOS.
1. Dark Theme
2. Different Icon packs
3. Lock screen customization
4. iMessage colors
5. No shaded bottom dock on the home screen

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
There are a couple of things I would like for Apple to change without changing the Apple concept of their iOS.
1. Dark Theme
2. Different Icon packs
3. Lock screen customization
4. iMessage colors
5. No shaded bottom dock on the home screen

I agree with the iMessage colors. Facebook Messenger lets us change the color of the bubbles, and even though it's a small thing, it's really good at visually differentiating group chats and conversations.

No shaded dock would be phenomenal! Black dock, black background, with iPhone 7 Plus in Black, dang, the theme song would be Everything Black by Unlike Pluto.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t used an Android device in 6 years so I don’t have a clue to what I’d like Apple to copy from it, if anything...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Choose non-Apple apps as default! That's a huge deal for me.

THIS X 1,000. I use a lot of third party apps for calendar, reminders, email, podcasts, and other functions. I’m constantly being led into stock apps that I don’t use.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Choose non-Apple apps as default! That's a huge deal for me.

This frustration made me very susceptible to change -- I've switched to an S8+ for may main device; my iPhone is now relegated to the secondary for my company line.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Yesh!!!!
Dark mode with the matte black iPhone would be so dope.

Oh gosh you have no idea, that's what I used to have when I first got my Black 7 Plus and it was the blackest black that ever blacked. And it would actually make the colors of the apps stand out even more, so even though it was black it would look more colorful. Please bring this back it was awesome

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Oh gosh you have no idea, that's what I used to have when I first got my Black 7 Plus and it was the blackest black that ever blacked. And it would actually make the colors of the apps stand out even more, so even though it was black it would look more colorful. Please bring this back it was awesome

I really hope Apple introduce a dark mode for iOS. It'd look so cool!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Spoken like a true fanboy (slow clap)

Fanboy? Nah. I’m just a guy who has used a plethora of wireless phones dating back to 1989. Phones from Blackberry, Palm, Nextel, Ericsson, Nokia, Android and Apple are just ‘some’ of the ones I’ve owned. With that in mind, I’ve come to appreciate the quality of the iPhone and the simplicity and smoothness of iOS. It fits ‘me’ perfectly, and thus the reason I will stick with it, but that’s Just Me, D....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods