That'd be nice.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    07-30-2017 12:48 PM
    I forgot about the app drawer
    That'd be nice.
    What’s the app drawer do?
    07-30-2017 01:19 PM
    Where all your apps are. Think of it like a menu bar. You can then choose the apps you want to be on your homescreen, it then saves up a lot of space for widgets
    07-30-2017 01:22 PM
    If I wanted all these things, wouldn't I just get an Android?
    07-30-2017 01:39 PM
    It's a drawer where all of your app icons stay. Other than the bottom dock, you would have the option of keeping all icons off of your homescreen. This is my personal preference; weather widget and dock being the only two things on my homescreen.

If I wanted all these things, wouldn't I just get an Android?
    No.
    07-30-2017 02:50 PM
    No.
    OK, lets see if we can go a little deeper than that just for fun.

Isn't the main thing that draws most people to Android customization? While a lot of these things may be nice, I don't think Apple is focused on them. The iPhone would lose its simplicity and efficiency.

Nothing wrong with wishing for something though, you never know.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-30-2017 02:56 PM
    Where all your apps are. Think of it like a menu bar. You can then choose the apps you want to be on your homescreen, it then saves up a lot of space for widgets
    It's a drawer where all of your app icons stay. Other than the bottom dock, you would have the option of keeping all icons off of your homescreen. This is my personal preference; weather widget and dock being the only two things on my homescreen.
    God, that’s awful. The homescreen is an appdrawer in itself on iOS. I, personally, wouldn’t want it any different,
    07-30-2017 03:11 PM
    OK, lets see if we can go a little deeper than that just for fun.

Isn't the main thing that draws most people to Android customization? While a lot of these things may be nice, I don't think Apple is focused on them. The iPhone would lose its simplicity and efficiency.

Nothing wrong with wishing for something though, you never know.
    I've only recently came from Android. Every Android that I've ever owned has been rooted and completely customized for performance and looks. I gave those up for an OS with better security and more updates (a lot of other things too). I am completely happy with iOS, but there are a few things I do dream about having. They're not features that I want bad enough to ditch my iPhone over though. I don't foresee myself ever, ever, ever going back to Android. I wouldn't call a screen cluttered with icons simplistic though.

God, that’s awful. The homescreen is an appdrawer in itself on iOS. I, personally, wouldn’t want it any different,
    I would. I don't know what's worse, all the clutter or app folders. Why bother having a pretty wallpaper if it's all covered with icons. I keep my dual monitors for my gaming rig and my laptop completely free of icons. Coming from Android, I really had to get use to all the icons cluttering up my screen. I just like things a lot more tidy and clean.

For me, it all boils down to being offered more choices. Choices are good.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-30-2017 03:19 PM
    I only used a form of Android (BlackBerry DTEK60) for 30 days which I didn't care for and ended up selling it before coming to Apple. So I'm not super familiar with all the customizations available on Android devices in general but I'd kill for a dark mode says this former BlackBerry girl who misses her dark theme from her glory days on a BlackBerry
    07-30-2017 04:08 PM
    Option to:
    1. Set default apps beyond the native ones offered in iOS, and be able to use the app(s) I chose all the time (not have the native iOS app interfere).
    2. Place icons on screen where I want them.
    3. Set Notifications to be grouped by app.
    4. Set Notification bar/menu capabilities/features like Android.
    5. Use app with widget capabilities on home screen(s).
    11-24-2017 09:52 AM
    I would like to make my home screen the way I want it. I would like to see music downloading as easy as on Android...that is the one thing that is better on Android
    12-05-2017 12:12 AM
    USB-C
    2K OLED display
    DMP89145 likes this.
    12-05-2017 04:54 AM
    USB-C
    2K OLED display
    I do like the new iPhone X screen and its higher pixel density. Though I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 2K OLED screen yet. Does the iPhone X screen compare well to the OLED screens of Android phones or can you still notice the higher pixel density in Android phones?
    12-22-2017 11:30 AM
    I would like to make my home screen the way I want it. I would like to see music downloading as easy as on Android...that is the one thing that is better on Android
    I find myself using multiple devices to get music on my iOS devices, having to download a song to my computer and then adding it to iTunes and then adding it to iCloud Music Library to have a song I downloaded from the web appear on my iPad. If I could use just the iPad for all of this that would be better, because right now it feels like I’m jumping through hoops to get music that it not available on Apple Music
    12-22-2017 11:35 AM
    Trusted devices and locations would be awesome.
    Having the ability to choose my own default apps would be great.
    The ability to manage my own files and downloads from any and all sources would be great.
    A dark theme would be cool.

Those are the main ones that, in my opinion, would really take iOS to the next level. Kind of silly how we don't have some of those already.
    12-22-2017 11:52 AM
    Awful? You've obviously never tested the waters outside of Apple lol.
    12-22-2017 11:54 AM
    Native swipe style keyboard.
    12-22-2017 01:00 PM
    Gonna post " transparent dock" again.
    12-22-2017 03:26 PM
    Awful? You've obviously never tested the waters outside of Apple lol.
    That’s true, and frankly, I take pride in that 😁
    12-22-2017 04:15 PM
    The way I use apps, an app drawer would be really nice and convenient.
    12-22-2017 05:08 PM
    Since I use both Android and iOS devices, the list isnt much.

1. Setting custom ringtones should be as easy as Android. I usually keep some song that I have. Take out the itunes dependency.

2. Arranging icons wherever I want. If a page has only few apps, I want them mostly at the bottom to reach easily.

3. Font support. I have lot of fonts on my Note 8. Easy to change.

4. Open the file system more. Want to create folders and move stuff acoording to how I want it.

5. Icon packs.

If you really look at it, none of these are deal breakers. They are just good to have.
    12-22-2017 05:16 PM
    I do like the new iPhone X screen and its higher pixel density. Though I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 2K OLED screen yet. Does the iPhone X screen compare well to the OLED screens of Android phones or can you still notice the higher pixel density in Android phones?
    It compares very well. Although the iPhone X screen isn’t as saturated or as sharp in terms of colors. A 2K screen is very noticeable once you’ve seen one in person.
    12-22-2017 07:32 PM
    What’s Android?
    12-22-2017 09:12 PM
    I've only recently came from Android. Every Android that I've ever owned has been rooted and completely customized for performance and looks. I gave those up for an OS with better security and more updates (a lot of other things too). I am completely happy with iOS, but there are a few things I do dream about having. They're not features that I want bad enough to ditch my iPhone over though. I don't foresee myself ever, ever, ever going back to Android. I wouldn't call a screen cluttered with icons simplistic though.

I would. I don't know what's worse, all the clutter or app folders. Why bother having a pretty wallpaper if it's all covered with icons. I keep my dual monitors for my gaming rig and my laptop completely free of icons. Coming from Android, I really had to get use to all the icons cluttering up my screen. I just like things a lot more tidy and clean.

For me, it all boils down to being offered more choices. Choices are good.
    Just make an empty first screen and you can enjoy your wallpaper
    12-22-2017 09:15 PM
    Music. Miss my own ringtones and it’s so complicated getting music. Android is easier on that. Most definitely miss alot
    evanking527 likes this.
    12-25-2017 04:36 PM
69 123