iOS 11 Public Beta available

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
The public beta is pretty stable. I still had issues with the app switcher, and video on some sites wouldn't play (I had no such problems on iOS 10), so ultimately I downgraded. I'll wait and see what the next beta brings.

I've gone back and forth on iOS 11. I'm back on it now, but I reverted to 10.3.2 a couple of times over the past several days before reloading 11. Yes, I had some time off with the long holiday weekend to mess around with all of this. My main issues have been with using the Music app in my car. Other than that, most everything like the app switcher issue are little annoyances that I've reported or had other users explain as new functionality.

The good thing is that I've learned a bit about the process of reverting to a previous iOS version and what things I need to do in the future (e.g. better backup management, double check that I have a backup of my Apple Watch data because you need to reset and re-pair it to the phone, etc.).

Last edited:

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Interesting but certain apps and safari has like zero reloading when going backwards in pages. On iOS 10 I had reloads 70% of times.
IPhone 7 plus.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Ugh. Really hating the new Podcast app. Can’t Apple make a Podcast app that doesn’t suck? How about a way to easily reverse and forward like with the QuickTime scrubber?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, across Apple devices, and Android too.

Also has CarPlay and Watch support if that matters to you.

Ugh, they only offer a web player for the desktop, so no dedicated app. I will save my money. Thanks though. Looks good, but is don’t like the interface. It is just as goofy to me as the Apple Podcasts app.

Edit: after playing around with the Podcasts app, I am liking it more. I was able to get my old layout order of podcasts back. I will live with it for now.

Last edited:

garment69

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm finding iMessages to be really messed up. Unread messages can't be cleared. New messages don't appear at the top of the page. Notifications are sketchy at best.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Public beta is very stable and aside from a rare app crash, I’m having no issues on my T-Mobile 12.9 iPad Pro.

Only caveat is, I reboot it every day or so (only because I’m running this beta).

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, they only offer a web player for the desktop, so no dedicated app. I will save my money. Thanks though. Looks good, but is don’t like the interface. It is just as goofy to me as the Apple Podcasts app.

Edit: after playing around with the Podcasts app, I am liking it more. I was able to get my old layout order of podcasts back. I will live with it for now.

I use the web interface with pocket casts and it's very familiar to me with the app. Why is a dedicated app more important to you?

I do need to try the stock app some more but I do like my Pocket Casts!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am in desperate need of help please... For some reason my App Store on my iPhone 7 is now in Chinese- the reviews and the names seem to be ok but everything else is not- if someone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate- I have already rebooted, signed in and out of store and now just reset my settings- any other suggestions?

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I had that happen to me yesterday, randomly, and I simply rebooted my phone and it resolved itself on its own. I'm not sure what else may be causing it. Try a reboot again

Status
Not open for further replies.