iOS 11 Public Beta available

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having iMessage issues? I keep getting an error on my phone after I chose to sync with iCloud that a message from a year ago failed to send. It won’t stop

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
The only nagging thing for me is the app switcher. I can close apps, but the last one won’t close no matter how many times I swipe up.

I've experienced this as well. The only solution I've found is to go back in to the offending app, then press the Home button, and then go to the app switcher to swipe up and close it. It sometimes takes a few tries, but this seems to work (until the feature is complete and working as expected in a future release).

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
So I ran the public beta for a couple days. I like the way things are going but I just couldn't deal with all the little bugs and quirks so I downgraded. Everything is back to normal. One thing I noticed though is the feedback app still remains on my phone. Not a big deal I just thought it was kind of odd.

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
In iOS 10 when I got a notification on my lockscreen, I could swipe and then delete the notification. Now it seems you have to force press to delete notifications. Anyway to have the option to swipe and delete?

Thx
~S

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
In iOS 10 when I got a notification on my lockscreen, I could swipe and then delete the notification. Now it seems you have to force press to delete notifications. Anyway to have the option to swipe and delete?

Thx
~S

from what I've seen and some videos, the answer is no. Which is stupid to not be able to swipe away notifications. I hope this gets resolved in future builds.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've experienced this as well. The only solution I've found is to go back in to the offending app, then press the Home button, and then go to the app switcher to swipe up and close it. It sometimes takes a few tries, but this seems to work (until the feature is complete and working as expected in a future release).

That does the trick. Thanks! Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
from what I've seen and some videos, the answer is no. Which is stupid to not be able to swipe away notifications. I hope this gets resolved in future builds.

Not only that, but with TouchID enabled to unlock the phone and messages to show preview WHEN UNLOCKED, when trying to unlock the phone, it goes straight to the home screen instead of showing previews on cover sheet.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The beta 2 is really poor with battery life
Consumes a lot of power
Comparatively the public beta has been quite efficient

It's wrong to make that blanket statement. In the case of my T-Mobile iPad Pro 12.9 (original) the public beta not only "fixed" the charge issue (before the beta, charge stopped at 95%) I'm not seeing any degradation in battery life. It's the same or maybe even better since I'm trying to use the iPad more since installing the beta.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The beta 2 is really poor with battery life

[unlocked iPhone 6s] I had fantastic battery with 10.3.2, but in 10.3.3 it was obnoxious even after a clean reinstall of the OS. I did a factory reset before installing iOS 11 and I am still having a pretty severe battery drain on my phone. I used the new Unload feature and unloaded all of my social media apps along with every single app that I am not actively using and there is still a pretty severe battery drain. I've been beta testing iOS since first purchasing iPods and an iPhone and this is the first beta that I have personally experienced a battery drain like this.

iPad 9.7" (2017 none pro version) - Exceptional battery life. Go figure lol.

Thanks for sharing your personal experience!!

sircraig2000

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Here is what I got so far:

1) The music widget just randomly pops up on the lock screen and I can't delete it unless I restart my phone.
2) Slacker radio doesn't work at all. Just crashes upon opening.
3) There was quite a bit of lag and stuttering initially but it seems to have gotten better.
4) Siri is a buggy mess. I asked her to identify a song and she tried to call my dad! Haha!
5) Battery life was pretty bad initially but seems to be getting better.

All of this on an iphone 6.

I'm getting used to the new notifications but it is confusing and just not very intuitive. I think the general public is absolutely going to hate it. Hopefully Apple will reconsider this before it gets to the mainstream.

On the plus side, I really like control center and the app store. Very nice!

anon(9446280)

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
My experience with public beta is positive, no issues yet, battery life is ok. I was brave and installed it on my daily device. Sorry if my english is poor :)

SPBuckley

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
I’m having loads of issues on my 6s plus.

* 3D Touch is delayed or unresponsive.
* Phone regularly crashes & reboots.
* iTunes and App Store won’t connect.
* Phone is slow & glitchy.
* Battery drains quick.
* Dictation capitalises each word.
* All my music stored in the cloud have disappeared from my phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR