iOS 11 Public Beta available

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I appear to also have that se battery drain issue. Any insight into what is CV causing my device to cotinue to run up usage time even though it's sitting idle?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Screen recording is a really interesting function. Makes it much nicer to do a How-To. Thanks for taking the time to show us how sharing works and for highlighting screen recording.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Installed it on my iPad Pro last night. I sent in several feature requests for a transparent dock, so I'll take the partial transparency as a start.

JustinBarryJ

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
It worked for me going from iOS 10.3.3 beta to iOS 11 beta. Be sure to restart the iPad and then go to updates. If it's still showing iOS 10.3.3 go to General>settings>Storage and delete the iOS 10.3 beta. Then back to software update.

YankInDaSouth

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Question from not only a beta noob, but also an iPhone noob I have the beta profile installed but am holding off on the first public beta - question is, when the next beta is released will I see that release in software update section? Or will I first have to install beta 1 to see the 2nd update?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Question from not only a beta noob, but also an iPhone noob I have the beta profile installed but am holding off on the first public beta - question is, when the next beta is released will I see that release in software update section? Or will I first have to install beta 1 to see the 2nd update?

Nope, when you go to the update section with a profile installed, you will see the most recent beta.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Reporting excessive battery drain. Very noticeable after a couple hours use.

Opposite experience here (iPad Pro 12.9 T-Mobile). Before the beta battery charge was stopping at 95% but since the public beta was installed, it now charges to 100%.

As far as drain, I’m using it just as much as before, maybe a little more and not seeing any difference. Easily lasts the whole day with plenty to spare.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having this issue?
c25dd01ef6aa3fe3aa8699a54d0b4ea8.jpg

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Just more feedback...

I'm watching the Germany vs. Mexico game on the Fox Sports Go app, both full screen and in PnP and it works without any glitches.

combi06

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
One of the warnings about the Beta 2 is that "dropped calls" are more frequent than with 10.3.3. I have iOS 11 Beta 2 on my iPad, and it's working well. My major concern about installing Beta 2 on my iPhone 7 is the possibility of dropped calls. I can deal with all the other issues.

Is anyone actually experiencing dropped calls on the iPhone 7 with Beta 2?

I have an iPhone 7 on Verizon with Dev Beta 2 installed and haven’t experienced any dropped calls. However, I have seen some missed calls on my history for which the phone never rang

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 on Verizon with Dev Beta 2 installed and haven’t experienced any dropped calls. However, I have seen some missed calls on my history for which the phone never rang

I get that a lot and I haven't even loaded the beta yet. Even with google voice calls too.

Status
Not open for further replies.