iOS 11 Public Beta available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
HA! ... It made the ESPN app on my Watch start working again. For months now I would get alerts on the watch just fine, I just couldn't get the Scores & News from the complication. All I would get was a message stating that I needed to sign in on the ESPN app on my iPhone (which I already was). For giggles after installing the "Beta" I tried the complication and to my surprise success. I once again have sports scores & news at my finger tips ... :)

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Too early to provide an opinion on battery life so far. Upon installation, battery life seemed to drop faster than normal. But this is expected as it indexes and settles. It leveled off after about an hour. I'll be monitoring through out the day though as I tend to be more active on my devices during the day vs. afternoon/evening.

Same here with iPad Pro. I fully charged it last night after installing the public beta. I used it throughout the night (YouTube, Safari) for about an hour and been using it since 8:30am at work (email, scanner). I’m at 73% now.

37275170b0cfbe589261ec0736314bfa.png

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Can you no longer dismiss notifications in the Notification Center by swiping left? That function seems to be gone.

anon(9758025)

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone having problems quitting apps when in the multitasker on the iPad Mini 2 or other devices? It doesn't happen a lot but it seems to happen when I try quitting an app that isn't in top right corner first then I get issues quitting any apps in the mulitasker if that makes sense.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to download the beta once I decide which device I will use as my primary. Anxious to see how all the new stuff works, and provide some feedback.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Some people will always experience more instability with their devices than others, and many of the reported issues have to deal with 3rd-party apps which is a given until the developers update them to work properly with iOS 11. iOS 11 is stable for daily use, in my opinion...

I ended up installing on my iPad since I can deal with some issues on it. A little slow but overall pretty good so far.

SPBuckley

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
I’ve downloaded the first public beta but it keeps coming up with can not connect to iTunes/App Store, tried everything and cannot hey them to work. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
In the notification settings what does “show on cover sheet” and “show in history” mean?
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170627/8e5ac21625e3ae7bfb24efe1f82d2639.jpg

Im not 100% certain, but I think they have to do with the new notification center which is now the cover sheet. The new cover sheet has a spot where it shows recent notifications and separates the recent ones from the earlier ones. The Show On Cover Sheet probably sets it to show in the recent notifications, while the history sets it to show in the earlier notifications.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Putting it on my 9.7 Pro right now. If all performs well I'll probably throw it on the 12.9. As of now I have no plans on running the beta on my iPhone.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I’m also curious why some people get so defensive over a simple question....

It’s a public beta, yes, but it’s not like it’s going to blow up your device. The "expert advice" is liability control so that somebody doesn’t cry a river in the event there’s some loss of data etc.

Anyway, sorry I asked brotha- I’m sure there’s more people out there willing to share their experience.

I think we also have to keep in mind that the betas aren't intended for the world. They are really intended for a small subset of users. Even Apple offers disclaimers. There is nothing wrong with anyone being hesitant over putting this on a device they depend on. Beta software is more prone to issue.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Battery life on my 7 plus is not good. I may have to charge in the middle of the day, gasp!!!!

Other than that pretty stable. Do not like the notification shade at all. As had been well documented, its just your lock screen. Digging most everything else. New threaded view in the email client is sweet. New controls in the video player. Like the new headers in the built in apps. The task switcher is funky. It seems more left justified. Harder to get to your last used app. Some general funkyness all around. Not bad for a first beta though. I can live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen