iOS 11 Public Beta available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait until beta 3/4 before jumping on since this seems pretty unstable from viewing the dev beta threads.

Some people will always experience more instability with their devices than others, and many of the reported issues have to deal with 3rd-party apps which is a given until the developers update them to work properly with iOS 11. iOS 11 is stable for daily use, in my opinion...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Some people will always experience more instability with their devices than others, and many of the reported issues have to deal with 3rd-party apps which is a given until the developers update them to work properly with iOS 11. iOS 11 is stable for daily use, in my opinion...

Mine too. Beta 1 was great for me and haven’t experienced anything but better performance with Beta 2.

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Biggest issue I see so far in this public beta is the inability for me to select to do a full factory reset. I can Reset Settings, but not Erase All Content and Settings so I can give it a completely fresh start.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Biggest issue I see so far in this public beta is the inability for me to select to do a full factory reset. I can Reset Settings, but not Erase All Content and Settings so I can give it a completely fresh start.

I'm new to this whole Apple Beta thing, so I very well could be wrong, but I'm thinking they don't include a factory image in their betas.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Finally running and installed. Seems good so far except for indexing. But it is speeding up.

Tested Hotspot: works

Bushkesh

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I installed the Dev Beta 2 yesterday. Is there any difference between the db2 and the pb release? I installed the public beta profile and it still says upto date on iOS 11

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Feedback already submitted. As weird as this sounds, I took a screenshot, and from the screenshot edit pane I used the share sheet to send the screenshot to an iMessage destination. Once past the share sheet, I attempted to take another screenshot, which failed. So, feedback submitted and off into iOS 11 I go!

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone with the Public Beta on an iPhone 6S+ confirm the build is 15A5304i? I know they released a small update to dev beta today, but cannot find if 6S+ got bumped up.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
A couple of bugs I've noticed so far. I'm unable to select multiple app icons to move on the home screen and I'm having a terrible time removing app icons from folders to place on the home screen.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

I concur - AltaMail, Evernote, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Hotspot VPN and Waze (for now) all work fine in split view, etc.

(Edited) iMore Forums app won’t play nice with split view or any other multitask view

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
A couple of bugs I've noticed so far. I'm unable to select multiple app icons to move on the home screen and I'm having a terrible time removing app icons from folders to place on the home screen.

That’s true, it’s a bit clunky. I’m also noticing that “Hey Siri” doesn’t work (even after resetting it).

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So far so good for the PB on my Air 2. The only bug so far is the calendar app not showing the date. It’s just a white button.

Update: It just started showing the date. Woo hoo!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So far so good for the PB on my Air 2. The only bug so far is the calendar app not showing the date. It’s just a white button.

Update: It just started showing the date. Woo hoo!

Try rebooting your iPad to see if it’ll cause the date to appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73