iOS 11 Public Beta available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm always curious when I read this statement... can you share what specific app(s) you're running or what you're using your device for?

Thanks

I'm not sure what makes you curious. It's a beta; I depend on my current devices. As iMore states in the article announcing the public beta:

"... we strongly recommend staying away from developer previews unless you need them for software development, and using the public betas with caution. If you depend on your devices, wait for the final release."
https://www.imore.com/how-download-ios-11-public-beta-1-your-iphone-or-ipad

So I'm taking the expert advice and waiting for the final release. Is that so strange?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I installed the Dev Beta 2 yesterday. Is there any difference between the db2 and the pb release? I installed the public beta profile and it still says upto date on iOS 11

They are the same. The dev beta may update before the public beta though. But it wouldn't be for long.

thejayray

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Couple design qualms I have: no more App Store wish list, some settings have been moved or buried and I still haven’t found them, and I can’t figure out how to clear all notifications; do they want me to never clear all notifications?

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what makes you curious. It's a beta; I depend on my current devices. As iMore states in the article announcing the public beta:

"... we strongly recommend staying away from developer previews unless you need them for software development, and using the public betas with caution. If you depend on your devices, wait for the final release."
https://www.imore.com/how-download-ios-11-public-beta-1-your-iphone-or-ipad

So I'm taking the expert advice and waiting for the final release. Is that so strange?

I’m also curious why some people get so defensive over a simple question....

It’s a public beta, yes, but it’s not like it’s going to blow up your device. The "expert advice" is liability control so that somebody doesn’t cry a river in the event there’s some loss of data etc.

Anyway, sorry I asked brotha- I’m sure there’s more people out there willing to share their experience.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m also curious why some people get so defensive over a simple question....

It’s a public beta, yes, but it’s not like it’s going to blow up your device. The "expert advice" is liability control so that somebody doesn’t cry a river in the event there’s some loss of data etc.

Anyway, sorry I asked brotha- I’m sure there’s more people out there willing to share their experience.

I installed it on my iPad but I won't install it on my daily iPhone, as there are always the random hiccups that I don't want to deal with while using my phone all day. For example, battery drain in some builds, dropped calls, crashes, etc.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
CarPlay looks a lot better

12fb9d263f2064ec752402838aedbc29.png

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Running good so far. Seems pretty stable on both my daily drivers, 6s and 6.

Alarms worked this morning, Hotspot connection is solid, and Bluetooth connectivity is stable.

Nothing negative to report at this point.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Running good so far. Seems pretty stable on both my daily drivers, 6s and 6.

Alarms worked this morning, Hotspot connection is solid, and Bluetooth connectivity is stable.

Nothing negative to report at this point.

And how about the battery life so far?

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
And how about the battery life so far?

Too early to provide an opinion on battery life so far. Upon installation, battery life seemed to drop faster than normal. But this is expected as it indexes and settles. It leveled off after about an hour. I'll be monitoring through out the day though as I tend to be more active on my devices during the day vs. afternoon/evening.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Too early to provide an opinion on battery life so far. Upon installation, battery life seemed to drop faster than normal. But this is expected as it indexes and settles. It leveled off after about an hour. I'll be monitoring through out the day though as I tend to be more active on my devices during the day vs. afternoon/evening.

Alright. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner