iOS 11 Downgrade to 10.3.x

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I DFU downgraded as follows:

Reinstall Beta 2 -> then Beta 1 -> finally 10.3.2, no problems.

Some need to go:
Reinstall Beta 2 -> Beta 1 -> 10.3.3 Beta 4 -> 10.3.2

I'm sticking with 10.3.2. It gets better wife approval as my daily driver ("That's what you get for effing with your phone!").

Did you go to the home screen each time or just let it boot up and then put it in to DFU mode? I am in the middle of this now.

syphix

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Did you go to the home screen each time or just let it boot up and then put it in to DFU mode? I am in the middle of this now.

After booting to 11.0 Beta 2, I went through the setup because I'd been without a phone for a while (3mbps home internet + 2.4 gb IPSW files = long time out of touch). After that (Beta 1), I didn't setup before shutting off and going to DFU and flashing 10.3.2.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Initially I couldn't downgrade, I kept getting the Restore loop. I did a clean install of 11 Beta 2, which cleared up a few issues. My second downgrade attempt via DFU mode was successful.

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
It appears Apple released an update to Beta 2 which might address the downgrade issues. I am not able to test it now, but might be tempted once I get home.

Just curious for anyone who might have been in the same situation:
I was able to put iOS 11 B2 on last night and restored from a backup (iOS 10) to have my content back. I cannot get my watch to re-pair unless I reset it. Has anyone been able to downgrade and then re-pair the watch, WITHOUT A RESET and have activity data sync back up?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I followed the above, but you can not load 10.3.2. I had it settle in with 10.3.3

But yes YOU must go to Beta 1 from Beta 2.

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I followed the above, but you can not load 10.3.2. I had it settle in with 10.3.3

I must just not have the luck, because I downloaded the 10.3.3 IPSW and directed the restore to it and it still did not.

Do you have an Apple Watch? Did you lose the connection with iOS 11? If so, were you able to reconnect with iOS 10?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I must just not have the luck, because I downloaded the 10.3.3 IPSW and directed the restore to it and it still did not.

Do you have an Apple Watch? Did you lose the connection with iOS 11? If so, were you able to reconnect with iOS 10?

I can not use Apple watch until a stable version comes out to use. As the Watch OS can't be downgraded but the current version it dies in 5-6 hours anyways.

You need to downgrade to 11 iOS beta 1, then 10.3.3

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I can not use Apple watch until a stable version comes out to use. As the Watch OS can't be downgraded but the current version it dies in 5-6 hours anyways.

You need to downgrade to 11 iOS beta 1, then 10.3.3

I still can’t believe so many people are only getting a few hours of battery with watchOS 4. No it’s not great, but I still get 10 hours. I wonder what’s causing it. Secondly, dev beta 2 update 1 was supposed to fix the downgrade issue. Were you have issues downgrading on a 7/7 Plus?

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
7 Plus. I was able to downgrade before the release of Beta 2 Update 2. So I can not confirm.

I am almost to the point of wondering if I should try to make a trip to Apple and see if they somehow have some magic to install 10.3.3. No amount of downgrades, non-DFU/DFU mode, have been successful for me to get back to a stable 10.3.x release. I am now on iOS 11 without a connection to the watch and do not know if it is even worth it to reset the watch given issues with reconnecting with iOS 11.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still can’t believe so many people are only getting a few hours of battery with watchOS 4. No it’s not great, but I still get 10 hours. I wonder what’s causing it. Secondly, dev beta 2 update 1 was supposed to fix the downgrade issue. Were you have issues downgrading on a 7/7 Plus?

I typically take my Watch off the charger around 6:15 A.M. and put it back on the charger around 10 PM with more than enough battery power left to make it to dawn, if need be.

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Apple posted restore images for 10.3.3 and I am really tempted to give it one more shot and just see what happens. I basically have a non-communicating watch and from other forums I have read, there is little hope in a re-connection with the current build of iOS 11

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
It appears Apple released an update to Beta 2 which might address the downgrade issues. I am not able to test it now, but might be tempted once I get home.

Just curious for anyone who might have been in the same situation:
I was able to put iOS 11 B2 on last night and restored from a backup (iOS 10) to have my content back. I cannot get my watch to re-pair unless I reset it. Has anyone been able to downgrade and then re-pair the watch, WITHOUT A RESET and have activity data sync back up?

No such luck here..... I had to reset.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I DFU downgraded as follows:

Reinstall Beta 2 -> then Beta 1 -> finally 10.3.2, no problems.

Some need to go:
Reinstall Beta 2 -> Beta 1 -> 10.3.3 Beta 4 -> 10.3.2

I'm sticking with 10.3.2. It gets better wife approval as my daily driver ("That's what you get for effing with your phone!").
Thanks for your input. And I would do the same ;)

Cheers

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Can you clarify some things for me?

I have 10.3.3 on my iPhone), which was listed as a beta version. (14G5053a)

If I upgrade to 11 public beta, and want to go back to iOS 10, I have no problem doing it via DFU, as I've done before. But presumably it will revert back to 10.3.2 (?), and I can't reinstall a backup on iTunes from 10.3.3 to a fresh install of 10.3.2.

The last time I did this was when the newest public beta was 10.3.3, so no problem, because the 10.3.3 beta was available. But now that the beta program gives you the 11.x public beta, there may not be a way to upgrade from 10.3.2 to 10.3.3, rather, only to 11.x public beta.

And I don't know what you mean by this: "But yes YOU must go to Beta 1 from Beta 2"

Are my assumptions incorrect?

Thanks.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if the recent beta 2 update - update fixes this, but YOU can not downgrade from Beta 2 to 10.x

You have to go to Beta 1, which can be found online if you look for it.

Load that in DFU. once installed. then you can load 10.3.2 or you can find 10.3.3 which can be found online if you look for it.

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if the recent beta 2 update - update fixes this, but YOU can not downgrade from Beta 2 to 10.x

You have to go to Beta 1, which can be found online if you look for it.

Load that in DFU. once installed. then you can load 10.3.2 or you can find 10.3.3 which can be found online if you look for it.

Again, some of you might have had that luck, but so far, that path has not worked for me. I had Beta 1 installed and tried to downgrade to 10.3.x and nothing I did ever worked. I am running 11 now because of this.